Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
ssslowww dolphin when using keyboard

I'm starting to have problems in Dolphin. Major lag, no response when tapping on next page number or other links! I use advanced task killer to turn of apps running in the background, cleared the cache, moved a number of the apps to the sd card to free up space on the reader.

Anyone else having problems? Any suggestions?
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:24 PM   #2
Shankill
Nameless Being

Is this on the Vox? I'm guessing you've tried rebooting it. If a reboot doesn't help, try uninstalling apps which have an active background presence. Hop into the Notifications menu and check what's running in the 'Ongoing' part of the Notifications screen. There might be something there chewing up CPU cycles.

It may also be worth noting that task killers in Android do pretty much nothing because of how Android uses RAM. Task killers generally don't help performance or battery life. They can actually negatively affect your performance and battery because of their constant background presence and monitoring of apps.
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 05:43 AM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Thanks! I notice that Rdio and the Globe and Mail are pretty much always running even when I shut them down through the settings, they are always on again next time I look... I'll try getting rid of the task killer to see if that helps! and yes, I've rebooted...several times!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:24 AM   #4
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Interesting link, cyvros...makes me even more inclined to root my vox once the 14 day money back period has expired.

Cdesja5, I have been unable to permanently rid myself of the G&M app but somehow don't have Rdio running anymore. I'm not sure if it's because I used advanced task killer to kill rdio's _service_ in addition to the app or because I removed its widget from the 5th home screen or a combination thereof but you might want to try those steps to get rid of it.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:03 AM   #5
Shankill
Nameless Being

Well, I found that article to be a bit of an eye-opener when I first read it, so I feel somewhat obliged to re-share it when the situation arises.

mr_nobody's right there about ditching widgets. It can sometimes help. I learnt that lesson with my first Android phone. There were a few things contributing to it being pretty slow, but seven screens of widgets did not help.
Advert