Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 05:04 AM   #1
Noob Saibot
Noob Saibot began at the beginning.

Device: nookColor
New comic book app on marketplace!

Hi folks! FIRST POST! (Huge long time stalker tho)
But to get down to it....

I know a lot of people were asking about a Marvel app for android (as well as other comic book apps). Well there's sort of an answer now.

Graphic.ly (yes the period is meant to be there)
Allows you to buy and read comic books on your Android device. There's free comic books available as well.
They have Marvel, IDW, and Top Cow comics available among others.
The app is new and kinda buggy. I got an e-mail from the publisher apologizing for the buggy (free) app. Made me giggle.
The thing about it is, the comics are not stored on your device. They are in a 'cloud' (Fingerquotes!) and can be viewed on any android device you have it installed on. This is nice, sort of, but it slows things down if you are on a slow internet connection (i.e. tethered to your phone). All in all from what I've played with, it's pretty nice. Pinch to zoom, and swipe gestures work correctly. The scans are very high quality (well I've only downloaded Witchblade #1-it was a free one). This should work until there is an official MARVEL app or whatever. Thanks for takin the time!
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote