Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
Padraic
Padraic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Accessing U of T wifi on Kindle

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has managed to successfully log on to the U of T wifi system (UTORwin) using a Kindle. I just got my Kindle 3, and while it recognizes the UTORwin network, when I enter the generic password "UToronto1home", it won't connect. I assume this is due to the UTORwin login interface that requires you to log in with your UTOR account in a browser.
Padraic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
You tried logging in via the Kindle browser?
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
mdovell
Zealot
mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle DX
Sometimes school websites can be a bit iffy. I've used linux for awhile and it took a bit to get into. Does it use Cisco for anything that connects? Also is there a login and a guess access? Sometimes you might have to get into guest and then into user.
mdovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
Padraic
Padraic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
So, this seems to have fixed itself. I kept trying and eventually it prompted me to login via the browser.
Padraic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, toronto, wifi