Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-30-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Update Settings for FBReader 0.8.14

In a separate post to Integrated FBReader 0.8.14 with ePub and Registry Support I provided a utility to modify the registry to add .zip and .oebzip as FBReader 0.8.14 file extensions. This provides a simple way to override the iLiad's standard file handling. For example, to use FBReader for a DRM-free .prc file, just put the MOBI file by itself in a .zip file and it will be opened automatically by FBReader.

A disadvantage of the Integrated FBReader is that its settings can't easily be changed. So the attached application allows you to replace the standard ui.xml with a new one. Invoking this application will copy its ui.xml into FBReader's registry. This is completely safe, if the settings are bad - just copy back the original ui.xml and all will be well again.

The screenshots show the original setup and the setup provided by the example ui.xml (as usual, you may have to click twice for your browser to display full sized images). I increased the default font size, added left justification and auto hypenation, removed the clock, and made the indicator at the bottom bigger. EDIT: minor change to make the progress bar taller now included. If it were any taller, one line of text would be lost.

Use any text editor (that maintains Linux line breaks) to change ui.xml. If you find a change you like, post the ui.xml file for others to try.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iliad_FBR14_std.png
Views:	832
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	13121   Click image for larger version

Name:	iliad_FBR14_new1.png
Views:	791
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	13142   Click image for larger version

Name:	iliad_FBR14_new2.png
Views:	739
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	13143  
Attached Files
File Type: zip fbreader_settings.zip (3.5 KB, 711 views)

Last edited by wallcraft; 05-31-2008 at 12:41 PM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #2
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
Hi Wallcraft,

Do we need to have installed the previous registry modifications to be able to install and use this new settings. i did not install theorevious registry modifications, but I trieb to install this new setting anyway...I think that I was not successful as i had a very brief blink and nothing...not succcessful installation message, no modifications of the original file message (e.g. delete or look into programs, etc...)
Thank you for your help.

Dabon.
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:36 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabon View Post
I think that I was not successful as i had a very brief blink and nothing...not succcessful installation message, no modifications of the original file message
This is completely independent of the registry changes, and it sounds as if this worked as it should for you. The directory message isn't changed, so that you can invoke it again if a new ui.xml is put in the directory. The appearance of text and the progress bar should have changed when you open a file with FBReader (as in the screenshots). As a record, the existing ui.xml will have been copied into the file ui_<DATE>.xml in this directory - which you can see when connected via USB to a desktop.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Can this be used to get the toolbar back at the top? I looked at the sample ui.xml files, and didn't see any mention of a setting for that. I have fbReader 10.0.3 on my laptop with the toolbar, and it doesn't have ui.xml at all. Should I try to find an older version of fbReader for the iLiad?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #5
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
I do not use the menu-free version. I suggest everybody else will use that as well. I really don't know one reason to use a crippled version ...
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Well, theoretically the reason was ePub support, but so far that hasn't been relevant to me. So I think I'll see if I can find my old install file.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:17 AM   #7
istudy
istudy began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
Pls try thishttps://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39802
hope this suit your needs.
Mike
istudy is offline   Reply With Quote