Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Edit: A vague message from Kobo CS leads to me being mad :D

I have changed my opinion I would now buy another Kobo. I was made because the Rep at Kobo didn't tell me a few things at first and all in all the first response from them would mean that my shipping would be almost $50, after contacting them again they said I don't have to Purolator ( Like UPS and FedEx) and now the shipping is only going to be $15 and they will pay the return shipping. I'm now a satisfied costumer again

Last edited by The Terminator; 09-29-2011 at 10:59 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just had to exchange my Kobo-1 in June and they paid for both ways.
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
That's pretty poor customer service. They should at least pay for shipping it back to them, with an option to charge you if it's not faulty.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired

The rep was wrong.

Last edited by The Terminator; 09-29-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
The Terminator
Retired

My opinion is changed.

Last edited by The Terminator; 09-29-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I hate to say it, but that IS laid out in the Warranty documentation. http://download.kobobooks.com/learnm...h_Warranty.pdf

As long as it is just the wonky USB connector, why not (at a time the connector IS making contact) use Desktop and purchase the extended warranty program
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #7
The Terminator
Retired

I doubt I can purchase that AFTER something went wrong with it. Plus as I said before it won't hook up to the computer, only sometimes it will charge.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
The Terminator
Retired

I am going to send it back now.

Last edited by The Terminator; 09-29-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:06 PM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Chapters exchanged a Kobo WiFI for me even though I did not buy it at the store and had no paperwork. They sent me a paid shipping label for a wonky Touch. I have no complaints. Postage in Canada is crazy. Two devices seems like a lot--but we are a multiple device, multiple versions family.

On a related note. I bought a set of pots and pans on-line. When I took them out of the box I saw that one of the pots had a distorted lip that kept the lid from fitting. The on-line merchant had me contact Cuisinart, the manufacturer. Cuisinart replaced it, but I had to pay $25 in postage to send the pot back to them so they could see that it was damaged. This was a brand new pot that I had never used. Their email to me said I would have to pay the return postage, too. I didn't--they paid the return postage when they sent the new pot.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #10
The Terminator
Retired

That's what happened when I had a screen problem with my Ko1 they sent me a RMA kit, at no cost to me.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you think they have a limit on those--the RMA kits, I mean. They'll do one, but then they actually do what they say they will do in the warranty?
Old 09-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #12
The Terminator
Retired

After the newest reply it's not as bad as I thought. I don't have to Purolator it to them (It's recommended) and that cuts the cost way down. And they will pay the return shipping.

So I'm still a little mad but not as much
Old 09-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #13
taming
Trying for calm & polite

back.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #14
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You probably should think of the extended coverage program with the new box just in case.

Yes it adds a bit to the cost, but....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #15
The Terminator
Retired

I would definitely buy it now. I'm guessing you bought it?