Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
could not wait for the skiff got apple ipad 16gb

i bought a ipad, could not wait for the skiff. outstanding pdf support. finally can read my darn pdf's. whatever. apple just works. hate em but i gave in and i am impressed.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Yeah, PDF support was better than I expected. I'd still prefer a bit larger screen, but 9.7 isn't bad from playing around on my girlfriends.

The iPad killed any interest I have in the Skiff, Que or other large screen e-ink readers. I just can't see spending the money on them when I just don't need a large screen reader that much honestly.

I need a large screen media consumption tablet that's great for PDFs, but can do video, magazines, newspapers, internet, games etc.

I'm not totally sold on picking up an iPad, but I'm 100% sold on getting an lcd screen tablet. I doubt I'll buy another e-ink device of any size after using the iPad. I like reading on it fine, and I just don't read enough to need a dedicated reader.

Especially for PDFs I prefer the iPad screen as more often I'm flipping through them looking for a table of results, or passage I want to quote. And that's painful on e-ink as it's so slow to refresh pages that flipping through is a real chore.

Last edited by dmaul1114; 04-10-2010 at 05:06 PM.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #3
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
yes, the whole e-ink will rest ur eyes thing is a conspiracy like global warming. Actually like reading the lcd ipad. I will get skiffy though for sure. Because Im spoiled.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #4
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Welcome to the dark side.......

Congrats! I am not a big PDF user, but a few bicycle shop manuals I have look better in Goodreader than any thing I've seen .... (other than PC with 22 inch monitor).....

For a little side kick.... put your photos on it, then click on the "places" tab.... to cool....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote