Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-14-2010, 06:49 AM   #1
pysjai
pysjai began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Adobe Digital Edition + Cybook Gen3

I recently purchased 3 eBooks from Waterstones. Had to install the Adobe Digital Edition to download books to my computer. All this was fine - can read the books on my computer. I downloaded the books to my Cybook Gen3 - the titles come up when I look at the content on my computer (and, again, can read the ebooks on my computer), but these books don't appear on the eReader library itself. Does anyone know what I need to do to be able to read these books on my Cybook?
pysjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Make sure you have firmware 2.0.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
.... and your reader authorized in Digital Editions prior to copying the book.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:28 AM   #4
pysjai

Thanks for this information. I'll have a go.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:26 AM   #5
pysjai

A bit more news: Bookeen sent me instructions to upgrade the firmware. Their email included the following information:
'Please note that because of a contractual matter beyond Bookeen, one device cannot support two different DRM simultaneously. It is not possible to install both versions and have both formats on the same device. When you install a version it automatically replaces the version previously installed on the device. If you install version 1.5 you will be able to read Mobipocket files but no Epub files. If you install version 2.0 you will be able to see Epub files but no Mobipocket ones. Nevertheless, you are able to switch from one format to another as much as you want by uploading the adequate version.'

Looks like we'll have to do a bit of messing around!
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #6
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookeen
Nevertheless, you are able to switch from one format to another as much as you want by uploading the adequate version.
I have not had the chance to investigate this myself, but I have heard several people report on the forums, that switching the firmware from 2.0 to 1.5 will remove the activation information required to read Adobe DRM ePubs.

If this is correct (and I have no reason to believe it is not), then switching "as much as you want" will end abruptly when you run out of your activation allowance, and will require you to contact Adobe support to get your activations reset.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
I have not had the chance to investigate this myself, but I have heard several people report on the forums, that switching the firmware from 2.0 to 1.5 will remove the activation information required to read Adobe DRM ePubs.
Is there a way to manually save and restore this info?
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #8
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Read this thread - Mobi PID and ADE authorization is not lost during firmware switch.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #9
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Frain_K View Post
Read this thread - Mobi PID and ADE authorization is not lost during firmware switch.
Thanks for the link it's nice to know that Bookeen is keeping the serial number stable. However there are activation files (I don't believe we've made the location public yet) which are stored on the device. If the firmware upgrade doesn't preserve these files, you will lose the activations.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:26 AM   #10
T_Frain_K
Booyah!

I have to admit I have not tried it myself yet.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:34 AM   #11
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
If you loose the file for any reason, you will not loose an activation for the device, since it was already activated before.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #12
Jim Lester
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
If you loose the file for any reason, you will not loose an activation for the device, since it was already activated before.
That's not correct. If you lose the activation file, you lose the activation, and will need to reactivate (which will decrease your activation allowance).

This is strictly for the Adobe activation, btw.

--
Jim Lester
Lead Engineer - Digital Publishing
Adobe Systems
Old 01-29-2010, 04:44 AM   #13
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I have already reactivated my Cybook plenty of time without ADE saying me that I go beyond the activation limit...
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote