Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
Unireader
Unireader began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
Library sync making mulitple copies

Some people seem to have issues with multiple copies when they set the ebook Library sync for the same collections on both the Reader and memory card, but that's not my problem. I haven't done this. Instead, my new reader is just making a new copy of the same synced book each time I plug it in and start syncing. Over and over until the memory card or the Reader memory is full. So I sent a message to Sony about this and it doesn't seem like they even bothered to read my message. They just sent a standardized reply about the above issue (syncing the same collection to multiple card and reader memory). There was no indication in the email on how to follow up and no response when I sent a further reply to the email address it came from. So maybe someone here has seen this problem/figured out a solution?

I tried Calibre but it has no sync either. At this point, I'm pretty annoyed with the Sony library software. If I can't sync anyway, I'll just use Calibre, but then I lose access to getting titles from the Sony bookstore...
Unireader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
When I got a standarized response, I replied, saying that the answer was NOT an answer to my question.

That seemed to kick it to a live person, who responded that my issue was too complicated for email, and to call them.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #3
Unireader

Hi Pinecone. That's really what I did. I replied that it wasn't the answer and restated in great detail the problem. Still, I haven't heard back from Sony for about a week now. If I ever hear back with a solution, I'll post it here.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #4
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unireader View Post
I tried Calibre but it has no sync either. At this point, I'm pretty annoyed with the Sony library software. If I can't sync anyway, I'll just use Calibre, but then I lose access to getting titles from the Sony bookstore...
Unireader, I use Calilbre to manage my ebooks now, and use the Sony software for buying books from the bookstore. You don't lose that ability - just don't have the software synch with your Reader.
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unireader View Post
No you don't. Just buy from the Sony Store, then move your books to Calibre with the 'Add Books' option.

Don't have Calibre and the Sony Library software running at the same time.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #6
Unireader

Thanks-- that's the workaround I'm doing now as well.

Tags
copies, library, multiple, prs 600, sony