Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #286
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Yes; I know fastn's store on eBay. He sells more cases of this Lion August brand. What I meant was, is that Lion August actually is not a brand. It's a rebranding company.

Your new case actually seems to be the second revision of the cases GoogleProduct sells (the one without the magnet clasp), but with a different brand on the cover. GoogleProduct sells this same case as fastn does, but without the Lion August logo.

(Try to find Lion August on the internet: you'll find only references to eBay and Amazon, as far as I can see.)

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-01-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #287
proenca
proenca began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Today arrived my Kindle cover from googleproduct, they sent it 18/1/2013 so it took the normal amount of time to get to Portugal.

I've bought the brown one, and choose this color after seeing the images toddmp posted (these). And it looks really nice!

I've tried to take the kindle out after the problems some members had, and without cutting the edges, it took less than a minute, just pushed the lower right corner of the case down, then took the lower left, and just pulled the kindle out.

The lower right corner bended a little then it detached, so I don't know if doesn't break if someone takes it off too frequently.
proenca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #288
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I ordered mine from googleproduct on January 21st and I still haven't received it yet. How long did it take to receive it for those of you in the US? Seems to be taking awhile.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #289
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
It took 2-3 weeks as I recall (closer to 3). Seemed like forever!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #290
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
When ordering stuff from China through eBay, then it mostly comes from Shenzen, for some reason. Shipping time to the Netherlands usually takes 3 weeks.

If I can, I order stuff that is sent from the UK or Germany if I can't get it at a Dutch seller, and the price difference is not too big. Then I'll have it in about one week.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #291
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
Poetic Slimline

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #292
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Poetic Slimline Portfolio Case

Ordered this case today for $4.95.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00
Old 02-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #293
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I ordered mine from googleproduct on January 21st and I still haven't received it yet. How long did it take to receive it for those of you in the US? Seems to be taking awhile.
Mine took about 2.5 weeks to the East Coast.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #294
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks GoSharks, Katsunami, and xendula. I'll give it a bit more time then.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #295
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterpops View Post
Great price but, did you see the review from Teri about the magnets turning the PW off/on when folded back to read?
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #296
dieterpops
Addict

I received the Poetic cover today and can say that it is of good quality. The front cover is not flimsy and is very stiff. My kindle fits perfectly into the formed back, much like the Amazon cover. It is lighter than the Amazon cover too.

The front stays shut via two small magnets and will not open at all when held upside down. When the cover is opened, the reader turns on and when it's shut, the light goes out. The texture is a bit smoother than the Amazon cover, but does not seem to scratch at all. When folded over, mine does not activate the smart cover function like is stated in the review on Amazon.

I've owned a number of readers and covers and this one feels more like a more expensive cover to me, not the $4.95 that I paid for it. I don't anticipate this one having any quality issues like have been seen from some of the units shipping from Hong Kong. The company lists that they guarantee it for 3 years. I should be "good" because I've never kept a reader for 3 years.

I'm happy to answer any questions.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #297
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
Hi Xendula, Yes, the first two photos are from my original case purchased here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2511815418...84.m1423.l2649,

the others are from my new case purchased here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2211652726...84.m1423.l2649

Yes, please do check with your sister. .
I asked her, and the case is holding up perfectly after almost 2 months of daily use.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:04 AM   #298
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterpops View Post
I received the Poetic cover today and can say that it is of good quality. The front cover is not flimsy and is very stiff. My kindle fits perfectly into the formed back, much like the Amazon cover. It is lighter than the Amazon cover too.

The front stays shut via two small magnets and will not open at all when held upside down. When the cover is opened, the reader turns on and when it's shut, the light goes out. The texture is a bit smoother than the Amazon cover, but does not seem to scratch at all. When folded over, mine does not activate the smart cover function like is stated in the review on Amazon.

I've owned a number of readers and covers and this one feels more like a more expensive cover to me, not the $4.95 that I paid for it. I don't anticipate this one having any quality issues like have been seen from some of the units shipping from Hong Kong. The company lists that they guarantee it for 3 years. I should be "good" because I've never kept a reader for 3 years.

I'm happy to answer any questions.
It looks very nice! And a great price! If it came in other colors, I might be tempted....
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #299
kledor
dreamer
kledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PW
My two cases arrived this week: one from googleproduct in black and the other from La Poueze in indigo. Thought I'd share some pictures of them, side by side.
A few thoughts:
- the googleproduct case smells really bad, I should leave it outside for a while
- it also doesn't close properly, though I think using it regularly would mold it to the PW
- the PW pops into both cases easily and it's not that hard to take out (after paring the inside edges of the googleproduct case as many of you advised)
- the googleproduct case with the PW inside is much heavier than the La Poueze + Kindle
- auto wake / sleep is good on both cases
- overall the La Poueze is slimmer, lighter and more compact, and with a bit of work it even fits into the Amazon Zip Sleeve
- on the other hand, the La Poueze is almost 30$, which is not that cheaper than the official case. I decided to order it because the Amazon case would have cost 68$ for me because of added tax and delivery, so overall this case was much cheaper for me.
Even with ordering both cases I spent less than the official case. I think I'll use the La Poueze as my main case, and I'll keep the other one just in case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	203_3.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	100895   Click image for larger version

Name:	209_3.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	100896   Click image for larger version

Name:	204_3.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	100897   Click image for larger version

Name:	207_3.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	100898   Click image for larger version

Name:	215_3.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	100899  

Last edited by kledor; 02-08-2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Sorry for the pic quality, I only have my phone with me.
kledor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #300
abrizz
Enthusiast
abrizz began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for sharing kledor!

Seems like much of the weight difference you talked about is in the added leather on the whole back side of the googleproduct cover.
I do like the fact that the La Poueze cover does not seem to have a cutout for the left border.
abrizz is offline   Reply With Quote