Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Hypenation error

When the last word of a paragraph gets split the new line with the second half of the word does not appear.
Anyone else noticed this?
I can change the font to a smaller size and see the whole word, but as soon as it's big enough it's gone. I just noticed it with last words of a paragraph.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Is this with a kepub or an ePub?

Loaded by Kobo or sideloaded?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sideloaded epub
Old 07-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Are you on 2.0.0 or still on 1.9.17? There was an issue with certain fonts and font size combo's cutting off the last line. That was fixed in 2.0.0 but this could be a related bug.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
WS64

1.9.17 does not have hyphenation.

I am on 2.0.
Advert
Old 07-18-2012, 04:10 AM   #6
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
I am refusing to update to 2.0 until I hear that page turns for side-loaded epubs has been brought back up to speed. Now I have to also make sure hyphenation is fixed too.

Yes. I would definitely have a difficult time reading with haphazard (non-standard) hyphenation.

I'm happy to keep reading using firmware 1.9.17 and I don't use hyphenation, everything is left-aligned for me (or, as others have put it "right-ragged").

Last edited by winsomnia; 07-18-2012 at 04:12 AM.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:36 AM   #7
GvilleBridge
Connoisseur
GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Tablet
There is a longer discussion of the hyphenation issue on the firmware 2.0 thread, beginning about p. 34: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...184373&page=34 See especially the Jaden post, #531.
GvilleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
WS64

#531 has nothing to do with this case, and it's close to impossible to follow the discussion in the long thread...
Old 07-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #9
Knobias
Knobias doesn't litterKnobias doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
I can confirm this bug in headlines. For example:

The kobo should display this headline:
-------
Time for democra-
cy

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt...
--------------

Instead of that the kobo displays this one:
--------------
Time for democra-

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt...

Last edited by Knobias; 07-18-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Knobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #10
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Well, obviously, it isn't quite time for democracy!
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
GvilleBridge
Connoisseur
GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
#531 has nothing to do with this case, and it's close to impossible to follow the discussion in the long thread...
Again, I say there is more discussion of the hyphenation issue at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...184373&page=34 (that's only 4 pages ago in that main 2.0 thread), touching on many points of the hyphenation question including the apparent difference in Kepubs and epubs, justified vs. unjustified.
GvilleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
Nina182B
Connoisseur
Nina182B began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Cybook Opus, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura
I hate this problem

I just updated to 2.0 and I have the hyphen problem as well! End of 2nd line in every paragraph has a hyphen. I'm really pissed off about it. There's no way I can read like this. Tried to play around with the justification setting and see no difference. Hyphens are still there. All my books are epubs.

Last edited by Nina182B; 07-18-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Nina182B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #13
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
ePUBs are sideloaded books. kepubs are not. The kepubs are the ones that can land on your device via a sync over WiFi.

Look at books in your library on the device. The file type for each book is listed there.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #14
Nina182B
Connoisseur
Nina182B began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Cybook Opus, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
ePUBs are sideloaded books. kepubs are not. The kepubs are the ones that can land on your device via a sync over WiFi.

Look at books in your library on the device. The file type for each book is listed there.
Sorry I keep thinking sideloaded books are ones that are on an SD card. I don't have an SD card, and all my files are ePubs. Seriously debating if I should go back to an older firmware version.
Nina182B is offline   Reply With Quote