Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #16
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark G. Flipper View Post
Hi Marcela,

no progress yet.

See you later.
That seems to be a router problem - Mac-Filter what for? Only complicates things ...
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #17
Allanon
Allanon began at the beginning.

Device: none
What's your experience with onyx-boox.com?
I ordered and paid a Boox M92 on January 2. Since, I wrote some emails and opened some tickets on their website, but no answer.

Anyone know anything about them? Are they reliable?
Allanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #18
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
What's your experience with onyx-boox.com?
I ordered and paid a Boox M92 on January 2. Since, I wrote some emails and opened some tickets on their website, but no answer.

Anyone know anything about them? Are they reliable?
They ain't no Amazon - that's for sure ...
Old 01-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #19
Allanon

?

Some accurate information?
Old 01-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #20
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
They ain't no Amazon - that's for sure ...
I am just wondering Why do people still order somewhere else?
Are they not comparing prices and service?
Hey guys, we are not only having better prices , but also don't leave you in the lurch. (excuse me a little bit promotion here)
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #21
Marrko
Marrko began at the beginning.

Device: eSlick
Just a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignacio ferrer View Post
Actually I did as well. I had 5 or 6 questions which I could not solve myself because there was no manual available.They issue a ticket(?) and then you can look up the answer at their website. With the cautionary note that you would possibly log into your account. Which I did not have and could not create either.
Anyway, after two day I received a link to their site: invalid ticket. I complained via email. They sent a new link with a new "ticket". It worked.
A guy named Hans, apparently dutch, told me to check the manual (download link provided). Should I have further questions, please contact us - etc.etc. -seems they did not look at the questions - they were not covered in the manual.
So I ended up where I started.
Among other things I was interested why the home button does not take you to the home screen - and was it really possible that a device on which you can store 32 GB of books(thousands!) has no search function.
My assessment: friendly uneffectiveness.
Under the LOGIN button you can find a link "no account yet?" When you click on it, you are going to registration section ...
Marrko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #22
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur
Clark G. Flipper began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hey guys, we are not only having better prices , but also don't leave you in the lurch. (excuse me a little bit promotion here)
Straighten out the web domains, and do a little web marketing!
Clark G. Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #23
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark G. Flipper View Post
Straighten out the web domains, and do a little web marketing!
Are you talking about their redirection from pocketgoods.de to their new domain ereader-store.de? I think that one is not such a biggie.

I think, the problem is that ereader-store.de is simply not listed on Google when you search for the M92:

I suggest: get a better Google placement and for non-European customers I think one would need a .com-domain so they don't get scared off by the .de.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #24
Beryll Snyder
Banned

Quote:
Some accurate information?
What do you expect? Find out for yourself ...
Old 01-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #25
Allanon

www.onyx-boox.com

Someone has already ordered from them? Experiences?
Old 01-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #26
PaulS
PaulS began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
I just ordered from ereader-store.de and I have to say that the order process was really straightforwad and quick so I don't have many complaints about the site itself (maybe except that it keeps reverting to the German version, maybe have separate pages for languages rather then relying on cookies? and maybe that's why google can't see the English pages?) but I would never have found it unless I was reading these forums. I don't care about the TLD but maybe google and others do so getting a .com would probably be a good move, they're cheap as chips anyway. Maybe get on some of those price comparison sites? I've no idea how you do that, though :/
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:37 AM   #27
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur
Clark G. Flipper began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Someone has already ordered from them? Experiences?
Read this thread carefully, its all about it!
Clark G. Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #28
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
I just contacted www.onyx-boox.com with a short note and a link to this thread. One can send them a message here (scrolling down a bit): https://www.onyx-boox.com/store?page...&category_id=6

I trust they take this seriously, and improve their customer service.

Last edited by Lode; 01-21-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #29
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
PS:
What the heck... I just ordered my M92 from Germany. Cheaper also.

While waiting for it I'll read the manual I downloaded here:
http://www.onyx-boox.com/onyx-boox-m...oox-m92-manual

Last edited by Lode; 01-21-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #30
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur
LovePlanetEarth began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 Black (Finally!!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
Are you talking about their redirection from pocketgoods.de to their new domain ereader-store.de? I think that one is not such a biggie.

I think, the problem is that ereader-store.de is simply not listed on Google when you search for the M92:

I suggest: get a better Google placement and for non-European customers I think one would need a .com-domain so they don't get scared off by the .de.
Totally agree.
I googled as mSSM suggested and yes, it's not that easy to just come across this store...

Also, is it just me, or is it really so, that you cannot translate www.ereader-store.de web-page in English? And preferable convert Euro to Australian dollar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor
Oh, yes, almost forgot to ask.
Booxtor - do you deliver to Australia at all?

Thank you
LovePlanetEarth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx m92, onyx support, wifi