Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 01-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
dj jack
dj jack began at the beginning.

Device: DeVo eVreader
Upgrade mode on DeVo eVreader found. Hardware?

Hi to all!

I just purchased a DeVo device, which appears by all means to be a clone of the Hanvon n516.
The problem is that, as far as I noticed, it uses a different firmware, which does not start in serial mode when booting and pressing the rotate button. Also notice that what is the rotate button on the n526 is actually a volume- button on my device.

I have the original firmware image: would it help in understanding how to reboot in serial usb mode? I have already tried every button combination when powering the device on, but still no success.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by dj jack; 02-10-2011 at 03:32 AM. Reason: News!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
dj jack

Update: I discovered that while the product's model name is EBK001-DZTEP-V5, it says "Explay TXT.Book" in the Info dialog, and judging by the form factor it should be a TXT.Book.B63. Does anybody have the same model and perhaps more info?

I finally found out how to enter the upgrade mode: keeping the power and menu button pressed and connecting the usb cable shows it as a Samsung CPU device.

It looks like Orsio's firmware can be put on it, but the only place where people seems to try these things is www.the-ebook.org, and Google Translate shows its limits...
Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
This device just looks like Hanvon N516, but it's completly different piece of hardware.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
dj jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunohod View Post
This device just looks like Hanvon N516, but it's completly different piece of hardware.
Isn't that what I wrote in the second post? It's an Explay TXT.Book.B63.
What I want to know is if anybody here does have this reader and/or knows something about it's upgradeability.