Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-17-2007, 01:06 AM   #1
Yaksha
Yaksha doesn't litterYaksha doesn't litterYaksha doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500
Ali, A. Y. & Pickthall, M. & Shakir, M. H.: Al-Qur'an. V1.0.

Here are three side by side English translations of the Koran (Al-Qur'an).

The translations are by Abdullah Yusuf Ali, Marmaduke Pickthall, and Mohammad Habib Shakir.

The text comes from Gutenberg: http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/16955

The text didn't originally come out as nicely formatted as I would have liked. But by the time I realized this I was already committed to it. There are probably a lot of unnecessary hard returns. I tried to fix as many of the single-line translations (all three appear on the same line with no hard returns) but I probably missed a few. Most of the problems come with verses ended with commas, semicolons, dashes, etc. I guess BookDesigner wasn't really sure what to do (there was probably an easy fix for this that I don't know about)

It would take this:
Quote:
Y: And that it is He Who destroyed the (powerful) ancient 'Ad (people),

P: And that He destroyed the former (tribe of) A'ad,

S: And that He did destroy the Ad of old
And turn it into this:
Quote:

Y: And that it is He Who destroyed the (powerful) ancient 'Ad (people), P: And that He destroyed the former (tribe of) A'ad, S: And that He did destroy the Ad of old
I hope people will enjoy it, if anyone finds any errors in formatting, let me know and I'll try and do a move improved version later.

I wasn't sure how to do the "author" for the thread, so if any mod wants to change it, feel free.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Al-Quran.zip (1.12 MB, 1166 views)
Yaksha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:49 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
I wasn't sure how to do the "author" for the thread, so if any mod wants to change it, feel free.
It looks fine to me. Thanks for posting this!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
gafleh
gafleh began at the beginning.

Device: none
APPRECIATED. JAZAAKALLAH
gafleh is offline   Reply With Quote