Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 04:03 AM   #16
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
They might be public domain but it's an easy way of getting them all in one place
Exactly! I've gotten some other public domain things like this and very happy with them.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #17
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Yep. You can't beat a bargain that gives you x many good reads in one package at a low price. In the three collections I got there are 196 stories altogether. One had 80 another had 85 and the third had 31 (the 1st two had three volumes together i.e. 1-3, and 4-6 while the last just had volume 7). They may be public domain and may be available elsewhere on the net for all I know, but at least I didn't have to chase after them all over the place to get a copy. Amazon did the work for me.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #18
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I'm ruined....thanks

I'll be a purchasing monster soon.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:13 PM   #19
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I always figure that there are worse things to be addicted to than a good Science Fiction story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I'm ruined....thanks

I'll be a purchasing monster soon.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:46 AM   #20
adityadubey
Addict
adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I always figure that there are worse things to be addicted to than a good Science Fiction story.
Yes. It's frequently easier to get de-addicted from said worse things though
adityadubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2010, 03:47 AM   #21
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

True, but how many people want to get unaddicted from Science Fiction?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adityadubey View Post
Yes. It's frequently easier to get de-addicted from said worse things though
Old 11-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #22
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Thanks!

I'm currently debating what to do with a box of old Sci-Fi paperbacks inherited from my grandmother. I think if these pan out I'll keep a couple to remind me of the quirky old bird (she would initial and date inside the front cover the ones she read) and donate the rest. I like old SF, but I don't know that I like it enough to give up the storage space if I can have it in another form.
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #23
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziegl027 View Post
Thanks!

I'm currently debating what to do with a box of old Sci-Fi paperbacks inherited from my grandmother. I think if these pan out I'll keep a couple to remind me of the quirky old bird (she would initial and date inside the front cover the ones she read) and donate the rest. I like old SF, but I don't know that I like it enough to give up the storage space if I can have it in another form.
How old? Got a list? Some of them may have actual value, depending on the condition.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #24
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
How old? Got a list? Some of them may have actual value, depending on the condition.
______
Dennis
Not that old (mostly late 60's early 70's?), mostly poor condition, all paperbacks, most anthologies. I would be truly astonished if any of them would garner more than 50 cents on the open market.
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #25
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziegl027 View Post
Not that old (mostly late 60's early 70's?), mostly poor condition, all paperbacks, most anthologies. I would be truly astonished if any of them would garner more than 50 cents on the open market.
Condition rules. Good condition copies, depending on title, may go for money. Poor condition is another matter. One thing to check is how many were edited by Groff Conklin. He was the premier anthologist when alive/active, and never did a bad one. There are folks who specifically collect those.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:53 AM   #26
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Is it just me, or does the B&N versions of these seem poorly formatted? It might keep me from buying them.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote