Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
Nook HD+ covers

I am looking for recommendations for a Nook HD+ cover, preferably from eBay or any site that offers free international shipping.
I am buying an HD+ in a few days from B&N but as I live in New Zealand I have to use a freight forwarding company to get it sent to me.
I did this when I bought my Nook Touch too. When I bought my Touch, I also bought a cover from B&N at the same time, not realising B&N would ship them separately. That meant the FF company received 2 parcels for me and I had to pay 2 separate lots of shipping, which made the cover insanely expensive.

So this time, I'm just going to buy a cover off eBay, much cheaper.
There are so many different styles, so I am looking for feedback from those who have used them on their HD+'s please.
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
I like the swivel option, got this one for my HD.

I haven't tested it for transport in a bag yet, but I think it should suit my needs.
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
This is the one I got from Amazon, it's a Moko. We love it!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
mimosavj
Addict
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Nook HD+, Aura HD, Aura H2O v1, Libra 2
I got a swivel one & hated it because it was bulky & heavy. Then I got the iPearl (http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw...at=0&_from=R40 or http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...20Nook%20HD%2B) and absolutely love it and still use it..
mimosavj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #5
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
Thanks for your recommendations, they all look great. I do prefer the folio fit covers, however I bought a Speck FitFolio cover for my Nook Touch and although I like the style and fit, the edges of the plastic case are really sharp and uncomfortable to hold. I had to stop using it. So I am trying to choose a little more carefully this time.
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #6
fencepost
fencepost will become famous soon enoughfencepost will become famous soon enoughfencepost will become famous soon enoughfencepost will become famous soon enoughfencepost will become famous soon enoughfencepost will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Vibrant (Android)
I highly recommend the Poetic covers for the HD & HD+, available through Amazon for around $13-14. They're the form fitting molded plastic back and thin 3 section front, with very thin black "leather" for the outer surface. Robust in daily carrying in a pocket for the past several months, and very professional looking.

The cover for the HD+ works well as a stand (landscape only); the HD one has the same ability but doesn't work quite as well just due to the size differences. For the HD I can fit it in either the front or back pocket of khakis with the case on, and in the back pocket of some jeans.

These do have the magnetic screen off capability; the only issue I've seen with it is a Cyanogen issue - sometimes I have to reclose/reopen to get it to wake up so instead of "open - screen on" it's "open - close - open - screen on." I think this is because it's a slightly unusual magnetic sensor in the device and suspect I'd see it with any magnetic cover.

Alan
fencepost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a Poetic on my Nook HD. While I love the back snap in, the front seems a little flimsy. I think the Moko one I mentioned earlier is much more protective.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #8
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I've got Poetic Slimline on both an HD and an HD+ and I love them because they add next to nothing in bulk, and the magnetic closure is very strong. As a stand it's not brilliant IMHO, but it works.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #9
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
I had the B&N 360 cover and I found it seemed to be very cheap to me. Mine didn't last long before it started falling apart and I treat my things with kid's gloves. I also wanted something that offered a little bezel protection, which the 360 didn't have. I really thought I wanted a case that would double as a stand in landscape or portrait mode but I never really found myself using the portrait mode all that much. On those rare occasions that I needed to stand my HD+ up to read, I just read in landscape mode.

I now have a poetic DuraBook and love this case. It's made of some pleather and comes in several colors. I have the black. It allows me to stand the case up in landscape or portrait mode but I typically leave it in landscape for the reasons I mentioned earlier. It offers great bezel protection and doesn't seem to add all that much weight to my HD+. It has magnets built into the cover so that I can use the auto on/off functionality when I open/close the case. It is far from thin though and I know that is important to many users. If you're looking for a thin case, you'd want to look elsewhere. Personally, I think this is one of the best HD+ cases available and the price is right too. You can usually find it for about $12 shipped on ebay.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #10
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
This is the one I bought. It's real leather and has the magnets to turn my Nook on and off. I like how it's enclosed and can't slip out of the case.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #11
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
This is the one I bought. It's real leather and has the magnets to turn my Nook on and off. I like how it's enclosed and can't slip out of the case.
That does look like a nice one!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #12
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
I have the same case (from the very same vendor). I like its enclosing design and sturdiness, but I have misgiving about its being real leather after the way some corner spots flaked off from frequent scuffing against other objects.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #13
cortman
Zealot
cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle 3 3g, Nook HD+, Nexus 4 (Mantano)
Here's the one I bought- haven't received it yet- cover
cortman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #14
ebsebs
Connoisseur
ebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Nook ST/Nook HD+
@cortman,

Thanks for the link! I just bought one - it looks like a decent case for under $10.

Eric
ebsebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #15
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortman View Post
Here's the one I bought- haven't received it yet- cover
@cortman,

For the price, I have doubts that this one is real leather. It's still a nice looking case, especially the dual black-brown version. That's a great price for a nice-looking case, leather or not. I may pick one of these up as a backup for when my current case starts to get a little scuffed up.

Thanks for the link.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote