Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-17-2014, 08:14 AM   #121
bnpssilva
Connoisseur
bnpssilva began at the beginning.

Device: KV, kOA2, KPW1, KPW2, KPW4,KT1, KT3, KT4,kOBOS, Nooks, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnastase View Post
happy you're out of the woods.

Just for reference, exactly which of the images in that link did you use ?
Any of the T62C works. I've tried them all.
bnpssilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #122
bnpssilva
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnastase View Post

Long evening ...
And I really don't see any changes due to the firmware upgrade :|

And the dictionary is still not working
Did anybody get any luck with the default dictionary ? I could'nt find nothing that works so far in the Dict folder.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:40 AM   #123
Alanp30
Alanp30 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnpssilva View Post
I have a T62 and tried to install the update of the link provided in the first page by nightboy.

As soon as the device was updated, got bricked. The screen does not respond.

I tried to follow the steps to unbrick using RKBatchTool, but the icon is aways pink, it never gets green, even pressing the refresh button.

I can't also turn off the device, because when I hold the power button, it restarts the device, not turn it off.

What can I do ? I just received my T62 today, after 1 month waiting...

Update: In my home now, my laptop dont even recognize the T62, RKBatchTool not even turning pink.

Please, anybody can help me ?

OK having been there I can say don't worry, you this is solvable. Don't panic! When the boyuerrestarts just hold the power button again for about 10 secs until the screen freezes in mid boot up. Then hold the refresh button for a few secs and put your micro usb jack in while still holding the refresh button. A few seconds later batch tool should go green. If it doesn't then I believe you would need to reinstall drivers and start again. Also different usb slots can make a difference believe it or not. I'm by no means an expert at all this but I've been through the process! It's then just a ccase of flashing the correct file. It's crucial you get the right one, it took me a lot of time prayer and patience to locate the correct one on Baidu (my Chinese reading is a little - well non-existent). Your device will eventually start in Chinese, well mine did. Youtube how to change language to English. If you have trouble locating the update post back. If you can't get drivers to work follow night boy! Ps I never got adb to work but I didn't need it.
Alanp30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:46 AM   #124
Alanp30
Alanp30 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnpssilva View Post
Did anybody get any luck with the default dictionary ? I could'nt find nothing that works so far in the Dict folder.
OK I just posted "help" to you but it seems you may be already there! If you ever solve the dictionary issue I'd love to know too. I can't get to the bottom of this one.
Alanp30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:54 AM   #125
bnpssilva
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanp30 View Post
OK I just posted "help" to you but it seems you may be already there! If you ever solve the dictionary issue I'd love to know too. I can't get to the bottom of this one.
I've tried a stardict in the Dict folder and id worked. The funny thing is that some stardicts worked, others didnt. When you mix some that work with some that does not, none work.

Other bad thing is the html stardict html format that is not recognized by the dictionary.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:00 AM   #126
RemoteSojourner
RemoteSojourner began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62
I just recieved my T62C and it automatically updated to 20141127 rom when i connected it to network. However, the root method doesn't work on this rom(kinda).
What happens is it roots but the app drawer doesnt display Superuser.
Installing to system does nothing for any app including gapps. Nothing appears in the app drawer.
I ended up installing superuser to data via sdcard and it seems to work and then I could login to my google account (no apps visible still though and no play store)
I finally install Google play books apk and that seems to work too but again it is in data rather than system.
RemoteSojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:04 AM   #127
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoteSojourner View Post
I just recieved my T62C and it automatically updated to 20141127 rom when i connected it to network. However, the root method doesn't work on this rom(kinda).
What happens is it roots but the app drawer doesnt display Superuser.
Installing to system does nothing for any app including gapps. Nothing appears in the app drawer.
I ended up installing superuser to data via sdcard and it seems to work and then I could login to my google account (no apps visible still though and no play store)
I finally install Google play books apk and that seems to work too but again it is in data rather than system.
If you install a launcher app like Nova launcher, you'll see superuser and everything else in the app drawer.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:07 AM   #128
RemoteSojourner
RemoteSojourner began at the beginning.

Yea I realised that when I installed another launcher. Although I have updated like three or four apps now with their latest version by just downloading the apk and they all appear in the main launcher too.

I think the last problem I have is of status bar behaving errratically. The inbuilt app correctly hides it when they go full screen but Google play books turns it into black colour and doesn't hide. I know of the user defined setting which hides it everywhere but is there a way of it make it behave correctly in Google Play Books?
RemoteSojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #129
Kvark
Kvark began at the beginning.

The device inside

See how the device looks inside. [See attachment]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	?????2.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	863.3 KB
ID:	132888  

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-24-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Kvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 05:59 AM   #130
Kvark
Kvark began at the beginning.

A branded clone

By the way, T62 has a re-branded clone named Gmini MagicBook A6LHD.
You can try Gmini firmware, it may be slightly different from the original one.
Kvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #131
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvark View Post
You can download Gmini firmware [Link deleted]
It's a custom firmware with all Chineese apps removed.
Just a warning - there are different versions of the T62 and using the wrong firmware can leave you with an unusable touchscreen.

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-29-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:22 AM   #132
msink
msink began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Just a warning - there are different versions of the T62 and using the wrong firmware can leave you with an unusable touchscreen.
Gmini is hardware compatible with T62-C.
It have Gapps preinstalled, and default language is Russian.
But downside of this firmware is that battery life in sleep mode is only 3-4 days...
msink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:50 PM   #133
soundchaser
soundchaser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite, iPad Air, iPad 3rd gen, galaxy tab 8.4 pro,boyueT62
boyue t62c touch screen

Hello everyone,

Long time lurker here. after long wait I got me self t62.

but it has a problem, touch screen assumes i long press everything.

i tried other FW's but it didn't fix anything.

does anyone had this problem?

soundchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:07 AM   #134
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: NST, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundchaser View Post
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker here. after long wait I got me self t62.

but it has a problem, touch screen assumes i long press everything.

i tried other FW's but it didn't fix anything.

does anyone had this problem?

Try to install T6xC IMG using RKBatchTool.

Does anyone has the T61B or T62B ?

I have posted their updates and the img file but I guess no one got them.

Last edited by nightboy; 12-28-2014 at 11:44 AM.
nightboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:53 AM   #135
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Is there an update file for the T62? I have the original T62, not B or C.