Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
cunninglinguist
cunninglinguist began at the beginning.

Device: asus tf700
Putting my own books into Calibre

Can I copy/paste my books into Calibre? Manual says they will be deleted if I do.

Should I make a new folder on my SD to copy them to?

thanks
cunninglinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Adding a book to Calibre always makes a copy. Not sure where in the documentation you found an indication that a delete might take place.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Either use drag-and-drop on to the GUI, or use the "Add books" methods.

A copy of the book(s) will then be added to the Calibre Library. The original books will not be changed.

You should NEVER manually copy any books into the Calibre Library where Calibre store the books.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunninglinguist View Post
Can I copy/paste my books into Calibre? Manual says they will be deleted if I do.

Should I make a new folder on my SD to copy them to?

thanks
That only (supposed to) happens *IF* you use the Auto-Add folder method.
Dragging books onto the open Calibre Library View, leaves the original in place.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote