Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Sigil 0.2.0β2

Quote:
fixed an issue with the user being prompted to save when quitting even when no changes have been performed on the new/loaded file (issue #276)
I am not seeing the fix as working. Wonder if it installed correctly. I checked the version and it still just says version 0.2.0. I originally installed over the old version o 0.2. but after noticing the prompting to save after no changes where made. I completely uninstalled the old version of 0.2.0 and reinstalled 0.2.0b2 but still the same issue.

I will play around a bit more and see if I can find the problem.

Oh should the about button show 0.2.0 or 0.2.0b2 in the new version.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
I am not seeing the fix as working. Wonder if it installed correctly. I checked the version and it still just says version 0.2.0. I originally installed over the old version o 0.2. but after noticing the prompting to save after no changes where made. I completely uninstalled the old version of 0.2.0 and reinstalled 0.2.0b2 but still the same issue.
I'm seeing the bug as fixed; just tried it. Works for both new and loaded files.

EDIT: Just tried it on a different machine and a different OS, still works just fine. Must be something on your end.

Quote:
Oh should the about button show 0.2.0 or 0.2.0b2 in the new version.
Just 0.2.0.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2010, 09:22 PM   #3
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

OK I completely removed Sigil 0.2.0b2 and then rebooted (for another reason). Reinstalled and just ran Sigil 0.2.0b2 and clicked the open button and it immediately brought up the dialog box to save, discard or cancel. I then clicked on a random epub file from Calibre Library and immediately clicked the X in Sigil to close the program. As soon as I did it brought up the save, discard and cancel dialog box.

This shouldn't being doing this correct? Or maybe I am misunderstanding what was fixed.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

BTW this is the file I installed.

Sigil-0.2.0β2-Windows-x86_64-Setup.exe
Old 03-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Can't save my work: Ubuntu 09.10 32bit. CPU 100% no end of busy.
Another observation. Source file disappears from folder. Gone .
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2010, 02:32 AM   #6
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

OK this is really really odd!!!

Anyway you can check this file Sigil-0.2.0β2-Windows-x86_64-Setup.exe and make sure the new changes were implemented in this file. The reason I say this is none of the fixes are working for me at all it seems. And I can't figure out why. Ive reinstalled this file a half dozen times. I just made some changes in the TOC editor and clicked ok and it did exactly what I described in issue #277.

No idea whats causing it and I am hoping actually that its on your end somehow because Im at a loss.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:49 AM   #7
PaladinBL
Enthusiast
PaladinBL began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
ran Sigil 0.2.0b2 and clicked the open button and it immediately brought up the dialog box to save, discard or cancel
Same here.
Run Sigil + immediately click on Open -> dialog box ask to save, discard or cancel
PaladinBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:00 AM   #8
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaladinBL View Post
Same here.
Run Sigil + immediately click on Open -> dialog box ask to save, discard or cancel
Very odd. I don't see it here; works just as it should.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:14 AM   #9
paulpeer
Zealot
paulpeer is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, Sony PRS-505, EPUBreader
On my Mac everything seems to work as it should, and the bugs have been fixed ...
paulpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:43 AM   #10
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Same here.
What version of the install are you using?

I am using Sigil-0.2.0β2-Windows-x86_64-Setup.exe hopefully you are using the same which will help track this down.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:39 AM   #11
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Anyway you can check this file Sigil-0.2.0β2-Windows-x86_64-Setup.exe and make sure the new changes were implemented in this file.
I uploaded the wrong installer for Windows x64. You should see a new version uploaded shortly.

My inability to release a version of Sigil without fucking something up just goes to show how incompetent I am.

EDIT: uploaded correct version.

Last edited by Valloric; 03-11-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:14 AM   #12
PaladinBL
Enthusiast
PaladinBL began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
What version of the install are you using?

I am using Sigil-0.2.0β2-Windows-x86_64-Setup.exe
The same.

But Valloric now uploaded right installer and it works fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
My inability to release a version of Sigil without fucking something up just goes to show how incompetent I am.
"Ko radi taj i griješi, a ko ništa ne radi taj najviše griješi"
PaladinBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Same here.
See this also.
Ubuntu 09.10 32 bit

There is a section0001.xhtml on the sigil workspace at startup that blocks the open of a new file, if not confirmed.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #14
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
See this also.
Ubuntu 09.10 32 bit

There is a section0001.xhtml on the sigil workspace at startup that blocks the open of a new file, if not confirmed.
I'm not sure what you mean. Could you please elaborate?
Old 03-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. Could you please elaborate?
Cancel.. Not doing it now.