Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
jumpingjack42
DiSpLaCeD
jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: kindle 2
Diary of the Displaced - The Journal of James Halldon - Free Horror/Fantasy serial

Diary of the Displaced
by Glynn James

Now available for amazon prime members to borrow.

Amazon UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004WXEVOW
Amazon USA - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WXEVOW

Blurb:
There is a place where nightmares are real. It is a dark and terrifying place, hidden from the world we know, by borders that only the most unfortunate of souls will ever cross.

James Halldon woke up in the dark, alone, without any food or water, without a clue where he was, and with no memory of where he came from.

It only got stranger.

For James has somehow found his way to The Corridor. A place where zombies stumble in the darkness, ever seeking the flesh and blood of the living. A midnight land where tentacled behemoths spawn in the fetid swamps. Nightmares that no human should ever see. The prison of a creature that has destroyed entire worlds.

Somehow James has to learn to survive. But he is not alone. The lost souls of others who have drifted into this infernal place and died, also haunt this world. Trapped forever in the afterlife.

They have been waiting a long time for someone to come along.

Anyone.

"Of all the places I had to end up, it had to be here."

The Journal of James Halldon is a dark fantasy novel (with occasional humour) and the first in a series of interconnected dark tales. The novel follows Halldon's struggle to survive whilst trying to understand the strange, dark, and terrifying world in which he is trapped.

If it's dark when you wake up, and you can hear growling, then close your eyes and maybe it will go away.

But maybe it won't...

-----

Thanks
Glynn

Last edited by jumpingjack42; 12-13-2011 at 06:07 AM.
jumpingjack42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
jumpingjack42
DiSpLaCeD
jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!jumpingjack42 rocks like Gibraltar!

Edited to remove dead links

Last edited by jumpingjack42; 05-12-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:02 AM   #3
jumpingjack42
DiSpLaCeD

Edited to remove dead links

Last edited by jumpingjack42; 05-12-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
jumpingjack42
DiSpLaCeD

edited to remove dead links

Last edited by jumpingjack42; 06-06-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: edited to remove dead links
Old 11-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Thanks.
I'll giv'em a try.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Strange story. No beginning, no end..?
Old 11-15-2010, 04:11 AM   #7
jumpingjack42
DiSpLaCeD

Last edited by jumpingjack42; 06-06-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: edited to remove dead links
Old 11-16-2010, 12:11 PM   #8
jumpingjack42
DiSpLaCeD

Last edited by jumpingjack42; 06-13-2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: edited to remove dead links
Old 11-18-2010, 04:24 AM   #9
jumpingjack42
DiSpLaCeD

Last edited by jumpingjack42; 06-13-2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: edited to remove dead links
Old 11-18-2010, 07:42 AM   #10
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer

I've read through 6. Just downloaded 7 and awaiting the rest
Old 11-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #11
jumpingjack42
DiSpLaCeD

What do you think of it so far?
Glynn
Old 11-18-2010, 08:27 AM   #12
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer

What I think?
I don't know, really..
It's not boring or "bad"
I still like reading the story although the "episodes" are a little short, so those 10-15 minutes of reading are a little "staccato" for me.
I'm planning to receive up to no 9 before continuing in order to get a little more, well, continuation.

So, please, do not stop writing just yet
Old 11-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #13
jumpingjack42
DiSpLaCeD

Actually your not the first to mention lengthening the episodes.
I'm not planning on stopping. Wouldn't like to leave it unfinished.
Glynn
Old 11-24-2010, 02:55 AM   #14
hgreer80
hgreer80 began at the beginning.

Device: cell phone
Smile

Well I have read all the episodes so far and even tho I have seen some ppl say they are short episodes I like them..in a sense it would keep you wanting more as jt has done for me..i also seen a comment here saying there is no beginning and no end..as I see it ..the beginning is there it is a dairy of a man who cant remember much of how he got to where he is and that is one of the many reasons that I am wanting to read more...i am curious to know how he got to where he is and where is he exactly. I think you are doing a great job on writing this.keep it coming..i cant wait to read what happened next:-)
hgreer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:58 AM   #15
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i don't think the issue for me is the length of the episodes. speaking for myself, i prefer reading novels rather than short stories, novellas or chapters. when your story is finished, i'll give it a shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjack42 View Post
Actually your not the first to mention lengthening the episodes.
I'm not planning on stopping. Wouldn't like to leave it unfinished.
Glynn
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote