Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
hollygolighty9
hollygolighty9 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
new kindle with a problem

I just got a kindle for Christmas. I was playing around with it and downloaded books and got on the web with it. Everything was working fine with it until yesterday. I went into the experimental section and found out that the 5-way controller does not move so I am not able to look at Play MP3 or Text-To-speech. When I go back to the home page the 5-way controller works again. I am trying to download music onto my kindle but the controller will not let me highlight Play MP3. Is this a bug or something?
hollygolighty9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
On the experimental page those are just informational items telling you how to play MP3s and how to use TTS. ON and TTS is not available for all book just some.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
hollygolighty9

ok but I am able to access the Basic Web. I should be able to highlight Play MP3 and Text-to-speech. I was able to atleast highlight the Play MP3 and Text-to-speech up until yesturday
Old 12-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #4
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't think so. I can't on mine, I just looked at it. You can't move the highlight on the experimental page.

Okay I just added an MP3 to my Kindle -- never did it before and now I can move to the mp3 and play it, but the TTS is really just informational you have to open a book and then do what it says "Shift" "Sym"

Last edited by kennyc; 12-28-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #5
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Thread moved to Kindle Troubleshooting forum.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
hollygolighty9

Ok. so you couldn't move the controller to move to Play MP3 before you downloaded the music? My computer said that I downloaded music onto the kindle but nothing shows up on the kindle
Old 12-28-2009, 10:38 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
holly, if you can't get your problem straightened out here.....use the "contact us" button on your kindle support page.

They will call you right back, and can answer your questions.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:45 AM   #8
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
holly, if you can't get your problem straightened out here.....use the "contact us" button on your kindle support page.

They will call you right back, and can answer your questions.

Always best to go to the source.

But yes I could not select mp3 until I copied a mp3 file(s) to the music directory on the Kindle.