Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 06-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I did the same today after having waited 1 minute twice for a page containing postings by Nate the great to be loaded. Maybe the blocking information should be given to new members and be placed in a FAQ.
And maybe Nate should remove the dragons from his sig.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
The way I work around it is, if the thing seems to be hanging, I click on the "Stop" option on the browser, and it goes right to the place i want to be at. I prefer not to turn off siggies, because they are fun. The dragons got a bit boring after a while, but i can't see banning them when there is a way around it that works okay.
It only works ok if you know what to do to block the dragons. But if you don't know then it doesn't work and you know as well as I do that we do have a lot of users that don't know or would need directions to block the dragons. And since it is only the dragons in the signatures that cause the problem, why not just have everyone who have active dragons (Rick and Kris do not) remove them and then the problem is solved for good for everyone using MR.
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #48
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And maybe Nate should remove the dragons from his sig.
Jon, where you a pit bull in a previous life?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:26 PM   #49
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
True... we should say people that have a link to dragcave.net in their sigs. That said of course that since you have static ones you aren't really playing the game any more... you aren't getting eggs that hatch and grow as you get hits.

BOb
That's because they kept dying on me, which was depressing, and I don't play games to get depressed. If I want outright depression, I just read some of Wolfie's posts .... always such a buzz kill.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #50
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Jon, where you a pit bull in a previous life?

BOb
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #51
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Aww, Come on guys,

I know I am fairly new to MR, but Wolf has a perfectly valid point that others seem to be trying to get around.

Simply, i you have a link to dragcave in your sig, then (on occassion) your slowing the site down to almost unusable rates.

If your sig has a static link, then your fine.......

Yes, there ARE ways around it, there are other options, but do you really want a 'casual' visitor to think the site must be full of garbage 'cos it's so slow and just move on somewhere else?

MR is a great site with a great rep in the community, lets do our small part to keep it that way, and if that means modifying sigs to remove something that is causing a problem, what's the harm?

You al have other options for hosting your dragons too.....
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #52
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Could people perhaps content themselves with ONE dragon? It's when someone has 183 of them (mentioning no names ) that it really gets slow.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I had a graphic in my signature that for some was slowing things down. I was asked if I would not mind removing it. I did so and that fixed the problem. Now why is it that the dragons HAVE to be in your (You know who you are) signature as real-time dragons? You've seen that people are posting that they slow down MR. So why not remove them? If you do not want to remove them, can you give us a good reason why not?