Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
babylemon
Code Monkey
babylemon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Talking Red PRS 505

I just got mine from my local Borders I got their last Red PRS 505 with the 199 coupon

I am so excited to test this out, but this is still charging right now...

:: jitter jitter ::

How long is the initial charging? Oooo... I am impatient!!!
babylemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Initial charging is supposed to be about five hours. Erm, load up books in the meantime?

Red is the best color for Sony Readers; electrons move faster inside a red container.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by babylemon View Post
I just got mine from my local Borders I got their last Red PRS 505 with the 199 coupon

I am so excited to test this out, but this is still charging right now...

:: jitter jitter ::

How long is the initial charging? Oooo... I am impatient!!!
Welcome to MobileRead, babylemon.

While you are waiting, check out all the marvelous ebooks we have here for you to download.......formatted by our own members.

Which book will you read first?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Congrats babylemon! Aaargh, I remember just how long the wait was for my 505 to charge for the first time. Take desertgrandma's advice and browse through the excellent books here at MR (click on the E-book link in the blue bar at the top of the page).

Let us know how you get on.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Congrats!!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #6
babylemon
Code Monkey
babylemon began at the beginning.

It's done

Well, I decided to read Philosophiae Naturalis Principia by Sir Isaac Newton on the first run

This thing is awesome

Thank you all for the warm welcome I can't stop grinning
babylemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #7
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by babylemon View Post

Thank you all for the warm welcome I can't stop grinning
Trust me....we ALL know that feeling!!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:29 AM   #8
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
So glad you're enjoying your new Reader! I don't know how I ever got along without it.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:50 AM   #9
rjfarrell
Zealot
rjfarrell doesn't litterrjfarrell doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Iphone, Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
So glad you're enjoying your new Reader! I don't know how I ever got along without it.
I agree!! I am also a cyclist. My husband and I spend our weekends cycling, stopping to read, cycling stopping to read. Makes for a glorious weekend!
rjfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:11 AM   #10
strangeseraph
Connoisseur
strangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Congratulations on your red! Thats the one I want to get eventually. D:
strangeseraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:26 AM   #11
cemerson
cemerson began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505S
I've had mine for about three weeks now, and I rapidly progressed from "gee, that would be nice to have" to "how did I ever live without this".
cemerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:18 PM   #12
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
You don't know how glad I was that I had already got a PSP charger when I got my Sony Reader. I plugged it in to charge and could use it as soon as I had books loaded.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #13
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Congrats! Now I have Red Reade envy! I have the blue and I love it very much (and I got it from Borders too, but not for $199..)
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote