Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
ababenny
ababenny began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 2
Editing a book in tamil

i have a book which i have translated into Tamil, Amharic and Ukrainain. and like the English version i wish to edit it in Sigil how can i do that please
ababenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Start Sigil and load the book?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Just open and edit it?

Have you actually tried it and had a problem?

Edit: popped to the post :-)
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I think he will have to reset his languages to the different ones each time he wants to change, won't he?
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #5
ababenny
ababenny began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 2
i have tried to open the document in sigil but the font gets messed up.
ababenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ababenny View Post
i have a book which i have translated into Tamil, Amharic and Ukrainain. and like the English version i wish to edit it in Sigil how can i do that please
IIRC, most Tamil ebooks are not Unicode encoded. If you switch to Code View and see garbage characters, the .html files are simply not Unicode encoded. However, even if you manage to convert the text to Unicode, very few ebook readers will be able to display the books correctly, because Tamil uses vowel signs that logically follow the base character, but are displayed left or right of it.

For more information see this thread in the MR ePub forum.

It might be easier to create a PDF file optimized for 6" screens.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote