Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-08-2024, 11:27 AM   #1
Perozzi
Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Voyage
K4 as an offline digital photo frame

I have a jailbroken K4.

I would like to have the K4 to act as a digital frame, that autonomously changes the picture it shows after some time passes, e.g., every 30 minutes.

I'm trying an approach based on the screen saver hack.
I have put several images on the K4 and every time I turn it off it shows the next image from the pool.
Now I need to set the K4 to periodically turn on and off to change the screen image. Do you think is it possible?

I searched for a clear answer here and on other websites but I can't find one.

In the case it is not possible, do you think there are other approaches that I can follow to reach my goal?

I would like to find a solution self contained on the device, not using wifi as it will be deployed in a place where it is not possible to connect it to wifi.

For example, can a python script running on the K4 trigger the display of an image saved on the device?

Any hint, suggestion, or link is very welcome.
Perozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 10:05 AM   #2
Perozzi
Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Perozzi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Voyage
Done!

I implemented what I was looking for!

I started connecting various pieces of information I found on this forum, the wiki, and GitHub.

It took some time to JB and get wifi SSH access, then I wrote a few short scripts to get the behavior I was looking for, and I used FBInk to show the images.

NiLuJe's FBInk is the key element to make it work fine, as it allows to show almost any image I drop in the Kindle's storage without having to preprocess it. Thank you NiLuJe!!!

I'm sharing all the details in this GitHub repo: https://github.com/aesuli/Kindle-Photo-Frame
Perozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert