Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
oddeyed
hi there!
oddeyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3rd Generation - 3G + Wifi - Graphite
Smile Hi From London

Hi all.
I must admit, I feel a bit silly doing this whole 'Introduce Yourself' thing but hey, I'll try it.

So yeah, I'm a would-be ebook owner, except I don't usually have much money (I'm a 16 year old student). Seeing as I _really_ don't want to waste the little I have, I wanted to get lots of advice before buying.

Mainly about extra features on various readers, and asking people about weighing up options.

So yeah, enough with the waffle, nice to be here, and I'll see you all about!
oddeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Hi, oddeyed! Welcome to MR!
Take a look at PocketBook 360. You will like it!
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
oddeyed
hi there!

Ah, very pretty

What makes it better than any of the other brand readers? I haven't seen that one before, I don't know about any of it's special skills.

The tech specs say it supports 'prc' does that mean mobi too? Cos I have a few books in the mobi format.

EDIT: Hmm, 5"? I was looking for a 6"er, but it does look nice. The curvy design is quite cool.

Last edited by oddeyed; 02-25-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR. Tja, the nasty money problem. I am sure you will find a reader that suits both your needs and your pocket. Check out the forum 'which one should I buy' which also has a comparison matrix in the wiki.

And don't forget all the great books you can get for a good price. If you are an avid reader, that surely has to count towards the purchase.

The Pocketbook looks indeed very fine. And the 5" screen does seem to be small, just remember: bigger is not always better.

Good luck on finding the right reader for you
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:15 PM   #5
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi oddeyed, welcome to MR!

My guess is that your age is a bit below the mean around here; that's a good thing because we like diversity!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Welcome from Wales, oddeyed!
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #7
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi oddeyed and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #9
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddeyed View Post
Ah, very pretty

What makes it better than any of the other brand readers? I haven't seen that one before, I don't know about any of it's special skills.

The tech specs say it supports 'prc' does that mean mobi too? Cos I have a few books in the mobi format.

EDIT: Hmm, 5"? I was looking for a 6"er, but it does look nice. The curvy design is quite cool.
Yes, with PB360 you can read mobi too. And if you get a PB360, you will be addict of it I'v tried a lot of readers, but PB360 is my favorit!!!!!!!!
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:28 AM   #10
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddeyed View Post
Hi all.

So yeah, I'm a would-be ebook owner, except I don't usually have much money (I'm a 16 year old student). Seeing as I _really_ don't want to waste the little I have, I wanted to get lots of advice before buying.
Hi Oddeyed, and welcome.
Don't forget to check out the Flea Market thread - you might pick up a bargain
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #11
oddeyed
hi there!

Thanks for the welcomes all
Old 03-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #12
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	pencil.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	46921 to Mobileread, oddeyed.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote