Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-23-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Is there a tool for mobi like html2lrf?

I'm trying to decide what reader/format to go with. So I'm trying to figure out how to do things before I decide and buy. I found that html2lrf tool via Calibre for the Sony that takes an html file and processes it so that any linked files in the same directory are compiled into one document. Example, I have a folder with an index.html file and 30 html files that are directly linked from the index.html. I feed html2lrf the index.html and it processes all the links in the index.html so that in the end, I have one document containing all the text from all the files.

Now, I DID TRY MobiPocket Creator which looked like it would work and do this, but.... I dragged and dropped all the files into the Creator gui...the problem was it put them out of order in the window and I was going to have to move 16 of my 33 files one by one up the list. It wouldn't let me select multiples and move them all up. What is interesting about this is that my files were all named xxx0001, xxx0002, ... xxx0020, ...xxx0033. When I dropped them all in the mobicreator windows, it put 0017-0032 at the top and 0001-0016 below them!!! Why? If it had just left them in order, things would have been fine. But I really didn't want to have to move files 0001-0016 one at a time up the list when I shouldn't have to.

OK, was all that clear as mud?

So, do I have other options?
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:02 AM   #2
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
You could use a HTML merger tool such as SoftSnow Merger and then use Mobipocket Creator or Mobigen to create the Mobi file.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
It is strange that there isn't a simple html2oeb command for this situation. This would add an .opf file listing all your html files (in the right order) and then this can be imported to MobiPocket Creator. Your best option may be to wait for Calibre to include html2epub. MobiPocket Creator's epub import isn't quite there yet (actually I have only tested the command-line version: mobigen), but in principle it should be just as good as OEB when the source is simple HTML files.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #4
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHand View Post
You could use a HTML merger tool such as SoftSnow Merger and then use Mobipocket Creator or Mobigen to create the Mobi file.
Thanks for the link to SoftSnow. It looks like it would do the job. I'll download it tonight when I get home and give it a try.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote