Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 05:55 AM   #1
JCarabe
JCarabe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello. Help needed to fully uninstall CALIBRE.

I accepted an invitation to update Calibre. The process got jammed and I had to reset the computer without having finished. I've tried to uninstall the old version, but the installation package (.msi) is requested by the system. The msi of the latest version (only one I can find) is not valid for this. I have been unable to find such an installation package for the version I'm trying to uninstall. Any hint will be welcome. Thanks in advance.
JCarabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Hi JCarabe and welcome to Mobile Read

I'm sorry you're having trouble with Calibre. Your best bet to get a quick answer is to post your problem in the Calibre forum. The developers of the program are very active there and will be able to help you. Here's the link to the forum:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards I hope you get it worked out.
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi JCarabe and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
MisterNatural
Dispenser of Wisdom
MisterNatural ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MisterNatural ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MisterNatural ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MisterNatural ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MisterNatural ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MisterNatural ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MisterNatural ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MisterNatural ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MisterNatural ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MisterNatural ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MisterNatural ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus EEE Tablet, HP Pavilion Notebook
'msi not found' update problem

I use Windows 7. There's a simple solution if Windows is your Operating System. Go read my post regarding your problem. Just type MSI in the search box and (in the search results) look for the yellow triangle with the exclamation point next to the listing. You'll find simple, step-by-step instructions.

For other install/uninstall solutions, I use 'Revo Pro Uninstaller'. It tracks installations, and can uninstall EVERYTHING, including leftover Registry entries, subdirectories, etc., for a total wipe of pretty much any program.

First, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS for Revo and any other utility program you use.

WARNING: ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR CALIBRE LIBRARYBEFORE YOU UNINSTALL, just...in...case!! This goes double for the less-experienced user.

Good luck.
MisterNatural is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, msi, msi not found, uninstall