Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
damaru
Enthusiast
damaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle
usbNetwork or terminal

Hi all,

I am wondering if you can do most of the hack trough a term emulator or sometime you still really need usbNetwork. From what I've seen and tested you can change most of the setting trough the term ?

I am tempted to install usbNetwork but its seems to be quite a task, and really enjoy just working from the terminal on the kindle directly
damaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by damaru View Post
Hi all,

I am wondering if you can do most of the hack trough a term emulator or sometime you still really need usbNetwork. From what I've seen and tested you can change most of the setting trough the term ?

I am tempted to install usbNetwork but its seems to be quite a task, and really enjoy just working from the terminal on the kindle directly
There are three ways I know of you can do things such as add/remove things that the usbNetwork hack would do:

1. usbNetwork hack itself, which would mean using a terminal on a computer
2. using scripts with Launchpad shortcuts to automatically do what you want
3. using a Kindle terminal (my favorite and the latest I believe is myts)
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert