Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-17-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
Andrew M
Andrew M began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4
Custom columns in left list

My first post here I did a search but was unable to find what I want.

I have added two custom columns to calibre. One is Read, it has a check or cross, depending on if I have read it.

The other is called Good ePub, and gets a check if the ePub conversion is good.

I would like to be able to see how many books in each in the left column were Authors, Tags etc are listed.

How can I do this?

Andrew
Andrew M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:23 AM   #2
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Welcome

Hi Andrew
Welcome.
Try this with just 1 custom column to see if this is what you want.
Choose Preferences -> Add your own column -> select you custom column -> Click I
Then it should be possible to Select "Shown in tags browser"
Apply, Close and restart calibre, and you should see you custom column in the Tags Browser.

Tested this my self, and it did affect Calibre startup time - maybe because a full opf backup has been triggered.

Cheers, Per
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2011, 01:10 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
[QUOTE=pchrist7;1746446]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
I have added two custom columns to calibre. One is Read, it has a check or cross, depending on if I have read it.

The other is called Good ePub, and gets a check if the ePub conversion is good.

I would like to be able to see how many books in each in the left column were Authors, Tags etc are listed.
Choose Preferences -> Add your own column -> select you custom column -> Click I Then it should be possible to Select "Shown in tags browser"
As pchirst7 suggests many custom columns can be added to the tag browser the way he describes. I don't think your two are those types. This means your best bet is to do a saved search. You place # followed by the look up name you used when creating your column, followed by colon followed by true, then click on Go. (lookup name can be found by hovering over the column header) It should look something like this.

#lookupname:true

Then enter a name in the saved search area I used Books Read and click the white cross in the green button. Now this saved search is in the tag browser under Searches.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-18-2011 at 01:13 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:40 AM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Thumbs up New to me - Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Then enter a name in the saved search area I used Books Read and click the white cross in the green button. Now this saved search is in the tag browser under Searches.
Hi there Walt
Thanks for sharing !
Didn't know this, however looking a bit closer, I see that some of my saved searches do this.

Any ways, let's see what the OP says
Have a nice weekend,
Cheers, Per

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-18-2011 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Quote posted by housekeeping
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:23 AM   #5
Andrew M
Andrew M began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post

As pchirst7 suggests many custom columns can be added to the tag browser the way he describes. I don't think your two are those types. This means your best bet is to do a saved search. You place # followed by the look up name you used when creating your column, followed by colon followed by true, then click on Go. (lookup name can be found by hovering over the column header) It should look something like this.

#lookupname:true

Thanks, that worked

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-18-2011 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Quote posted by housekeeping
Andrew M is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2011, 04:01 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
Thanks for sharing !
Didn't know this, however looking a bit closer, I see that some of my saved searches do this.
You can also right-click the searches in the tag browser and Manage Saved Searches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
Thanks, that worked
You're Welcome, glad to help.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-18-2011 at 04:04 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote