Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 02:42 AM   #1
Cue
Cue began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
books on SD, directory structure

I apologise if this has been posted before. It most likely has since it is a fairly basic question to which I cannot find the answer after a search.

how do you put books on an SD card?

I transfered them to the SD card directly (not using software) but they don't show up. do I have to put them in a certain directory?

The reason I ask is becuase I often use my phone when I'm out and about to download pdfs so I don't have access to calibre or the sony sofware on my phone. I can only transfer them to the sd manually to read on my PRS-600, that is, if they showed up
Cue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:14 AM   #2
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I don't know if you can actually get your reader to recognize books on an SD card without the software "putting" them there, if you KWIM. I use several SD cards, but put each in my reader, plug it in and load the books on the card via Calibre.

Hopefully someone else will have better info for you.
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
Cue
Cue began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Thank you for the tip Heather, I tried to connect it to the the PC to transfer with the software and the reader froze. This was luckily a good thing since it forced me to hard reset the reader and all my books were there when it turned back on.

It just needs to be turned fully off (by holding the power button for a few seconds) then on again when you transfer books to the SD card without software. You can't create "collections" without the software though, which is a bit of a shame. I was hoping it would automatically create collections from the sub-folders I put them in. oh well, at least I can see my books now

Thanks again.
Cue is offline   Reply With Quote