Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
tulsa
Zealot
tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 900
Migrate Library to Windows 7 64bit

Very soon, I will using a 64bit HP computer with Windows 7.
Was wondering if there was anything special I had to do to be sure my favorite program will transition smoothly.

My thinking is really all I will have to do is copy file for file my Calibre Library folder to the new location and run the installer.

Anybody with experience or tips before I make the switch? Does the Calibre windows installer work on 64bit? Just want to cover all my bases before I make the switch.
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
lisa.m
Enthusiast
lisa.m knows what time it islisa.m knows what time it islisa.m knows what time it islisa.m knows what time it islisa.m knows what time it islisa.m knows what time it islisa.m knows what time it islisa.m knows what time it islisa.m knows what time it islisa.m knows what time it islisa.m knows what time it is

Device: Kindle
Works without a hitch, I just did it last week.
lisa.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
tulsa
Zealot
tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Sounds good, thanks, Lisa.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Since you are going to be moving everything, why not open a dropbox account? My library file is the dropbox file on my computer - and since I occassional use 3, I wanted to make sure I could see the books on each.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
tulsa
Zealot

Yeah, I back up a lot of stuff to my dropbox account, including my entire Calibre library. That will definitely come in handy when I do the switch.

thx!
Advert

Tags
64bit, calibre, windows 7