Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-24-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
iLiad Parts

Does anyone know if iRex will sell parts for the iLiad? I need the power board. I've verified that is the problem, but I don't want to send back an out of warranty unit.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:46 PM   #2
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Just out of curiosity, how do you know it's the problem? I know a little bit about the power board...
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2008, 11:56 PM   #3
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Arinc is selling a used V1 on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=260305413493
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:39 AM   #4
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
Arinc is selling a used V1 on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=260305413493
Does anyone know if the power boards are the same between v1 and v2? I know the upgrade added an additional battery, but I'm not sure if the board was also changed.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #5
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
Does anyone know if the power boards are the same between v1 and v2? I know the upgrade added an additional battery, but I'm not sure if the board was also changed.
Did you mean "additional battery" or "bigger battery"? The power board of the v1 looks like the one in Figures 4 and 5 of this guide. If your board looks the same, then it's probably the same board.

I haven't yet written part 3 of my iLiad Battery Hacks article, but...

Basically, the v1 power board contains an EEPROM chip that can be reflashed (kind of like new firmware) to support a new battery size. This is probably what iRex did during battery upgrades. So if you got the v1 batteries upgraded, or you own a v2, the board is probably the same as the original v1 board (and should be interchangeable).
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #6
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharker View Post
Did you mean "additional battery" or "bigger battery"? The power board of the v1 looks like the one in Figures 4 and 5 of this guide. If your board looks the same, then it's probably the same board.

I haven't yet written part 3 of my iLiad Battery Hacks article, but...

Basically, the v1 power board contains an EEPROM chip that can be reflashed (kind of like new firmware) to support a new battery size. This is probably what iRex did during battery upgrades. So if you got the v1 batteries upgraded, or you own a v2, the board is probably the same as the original v1 board (and should be interchangeable).
I have a v2, but the board looks the same as in your thread so they must not have changed the actual board from the v1 to the v2. I'll give them a call on Monday and see if I can beg them to sell me a power board. If not, I'll probably try to pick up the used flybook on ebay and cannibalize it for parts.