Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #91
Lancelot
Enthusiast
Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I have my NT since the first week of release and here are my thoughts on it.

1) it's fully functional 7-in tablet once rooted; of course, the rooting process differs for everyone....as easy as folks at XDA make the process of rooting, if you take once misstep, you need to restart to get it done right.

2) I had to reset my NT back to v1.4.0 twice because of the automatic update to v1.4.1 and it's very annoying. I see no major fixes with 1.4.1 other than B&N blocking sideloading now. They [aka top management] are ignoring their customs and wants a fully closed ecosystem similar to Apple. The problem is they haven't realized they can never be like Apple or Amazon for that matter.

3) My NT is mainly used as a testing unit for epubs. As an epub reader, it is more than enough and very responsive. As a media player, it's a little disappointing...can't find a player to run .mkv files properly with sound. Using it as Android tablet is "okay" but far from matching iPad's user experience.

My conclusion? I think if B&N is smart, they "would" kill the current bootloader lockdown. If "not", I think we can expect to see sales drop for NT within the next 3-6 months. More affordable Android tablets are appearing almost monthly now. News on RIM's fire sale on Playbook should be interesting. Who knows, maybe fire sales will be the new trend for tablets. Manufacturer release new tablets, markup the prices higher than normal and then drops them within 3-6 months....and can still make out like a bandit at the end...much like retail markup.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #92
Norine
Norine began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
what does the nook tablet have that the nook color dosent?
Norine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #93
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norine View Post
what does the nook tablet have that the nook color dosent?
An extra core, extra speed, more RAM (perhaps the best upgrade), a locked bootloader (bypassed a few weeks ago) and a different shade of exterior.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #94
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
On sale in ebay b&n store thru today for $199.99. Was seal of the day yesterday with code, but was then changed to this price instead of using code. Supposed to be good thru 11:59pm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110826987112...84.m1423.l2649
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #95
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
I am curious about the timing of this sale -- just a couple of days before the introduction of the smaller memory-capacity version of the tablet at the same $199 price point as the sale price.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert