Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-11-2014, 12:47 AM   #376
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And notice that Boston Public Library (BPL) comes up first and foremost in the Google results. Thank you for that. Also, Boston Public Library uses BPL in the URL. Brooklyn does not. So yes, BPL is Boston Public Library and NOT Brooklyn. It's been like that since Boston Public Library opened long before there was a Brooklyn Public Library.
Between the Boston, Brooklyn, Birmingham, Bangor, Bloomingdale, Boulder, Bridgeport, Bristol, Bossier, Bedford, Berwyn, Bogota, Brandon, Burnaby, and Bethlehem libraries which all claim to be the BPL, I really don't care. I would assume most people got what I mean (If they cared.)

And FWIW, I get Brooklyn first.

To reiterate: Stop picking nits, no one cares, it's all bluster and hot air, and still no one cares.

And I am no longer listening -- I should have just ignored you to begin with.

Last edited by eschwartz; 12-11-2014 at 12:59 AM.
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #377
jhowell
Groupie
jhowell never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.jhowell never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.jhowell never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.jhowell never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.jhowell never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.jhowell never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.jhowell never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.jhowell never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.jhowell never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.jhowell never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.jhowell never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: iPad 2, Kinde PW II
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There's a major issue with the default library list in this plugin. BPL is NOT Brooklyn Library. BPL is Boston Public Library and the URL should be pointing to Boston Public Library's Overdrive, not Brooklyn.
I chose the Brooklyn Public Library as one of the sample libraries since they allow non-resident access (for a fee) and so are potentially relevant to users of this plugin. I chose the short name BPL for the configuration because they use it themselves on their website.

Calling this a major issue seems excessive to me. The meaning of the acronym BPL was discussed almost two years ago in another thread when you raised the same objection. Fortunately the plugin allows you to change the library name to whatever you like or just delete it entirely.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote