Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #46
korendian
somebody
korendian began at the beginning.

Device: boox m92
Coolreader doesn't seem to be able to remember my epub margin settings between launches or restarts on my M92 (latest firmware). I have tried manually editing the values in sd/cr3/cr3.ini but it seems to ignore it. This is quite frustrating to set up every time I sit down to read.
korendian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #47
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Initially CR was designed to select margins from a set of predefined values. In the onyx lunohod have implemented dialog allowing to enter arbitrary value for margins but he did not change CR engine to accept such arbitrary values. Most likely you enter value which is not supported by the engine so it reverts back to the default one. Here is the list of supported values:
Code:
0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 100, 130
Please try some value from the above list and let me know if it remembered when CR restarts.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:36 AM   #48
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Thank for the info
Perhaps some improvement has been done to CR3 in Chinese / Russian firmware
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203910

I wonder when these improvements would be included on Booxtor firmware
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:16 AM   #49
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
One big warning: do NOT install the cr3 Coolreader that you find in that i62ML related thread on a M92 ... it will freeze your device as soon as you try to use the joystick (you need to make a hard-reboot -> first press the reset button in the hole on the back side of the M92 and afterwards press the usual "power-on" button).
The cr3 Coolreader that you can find there reports exactly the same version as the one that is now present on M92.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:03 AM   #50
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

I haven't checked that release in my i62hd
Old 02-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #51
korendian
somebody
korendian began at the beginning.

Device: boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
Initially CR was designed to select margins from a set of predefined values. In the onyx lunohod have implemented dialog allowing to enter arbitrary value for margins but he did not change CR engine to accept such arbitrary values. Most likely you enter value which is not supported by the engine so it reverts back to the default one. Here is the list of supported values:
Code:
0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 100, 130
Please try some value from the above list and let me know if it remembered when CR restarts.
Those values seem to have worked fine. Thank you very much.
korendian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #52
fatran
fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx M92
One more Coolreader's bug: thumbnail of the epub book in File explorer and in Shortuts list is updated on every opening of the book.

It should follow Pdfreader's behaviour in M92 - the thumbnail is created on the first opening of the book. The thumbnail shows the page displayed when the book is first time closed. This behaviour permits you to set the page, which will be displayed in file list.
fatran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #53
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
I would like to have highlighting and highlight export.
Me too. I would love to have this in Coolreader and FBreader as their reading experience (style) if much nicer than PDF Reader.
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #54
Manolo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
Thank for the info
Perhaps some improvement has been done to CR3 in Chinese / Russian firmware
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203910

I wonder when these improvements would be included on Booxtor firmware
BTW I forgot to said that I installed dicitionary software from that formware and dicitionary behaviour in CR improve.
So I edit that in the first post
Old 04-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #55
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
if i could add a note about

---------------
D.-COMIC READING BUGS
1.-It doesn't save the last page opened with cbz files
(thanks luki)
Unofficial Workaround: none
Official fix: none
----------------

cbr/cbz must be browsed using the keys on the left side.
I'd love to use the joystick to turn page like i do with all the other formats.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #56
Manolo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
if i could add a note about

---------------
D.-COMIC READING BUGS
1.-It doesn't save the last page opened with cbz files
(thanks luki)
Unofficial Workaround: none
Official fix: none
----------------

cbr/cbz must be browsed using the keys on the left side.
Thanks. I will add to first message. I don't read CBR/CBZ

Edit: added

Last edited by Manolo; 04-05-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:56 AM   #57
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
It's not possible, because if you make a zoom on a picture, you must have somthing (the joystick) to move the visible area of the picture.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #58
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Maybe i don't get your point.
And i totally have no idea about the sw used (it's not in the association screen).
A typical comic usually has a dimension that well fit with onyx m92 size.
(i mean, 100% is more than enough, it's not the format of a daily newspaper!).
As an example Italian "Mickey's Mouse" dimension is 12,5 cm x 18 cm.
M92, considering the black and white, probably suits better with linear strips like peanuts, dilbert, get fuzzy, andy capp...this kind of b/w comics.
Do you think that zooming increasing the dimension of the images is so useful to dedicate the joystick?
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #59
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
I've tested a file where the text was to small on the M92. It was better for the picture and the text to use a zoo.

An other point of view, CBR/CBZ are zipped pictures. The M92 display pictures files and propose the zoom functionality : the joystick is need to move the picture. I suppose that is more simple for the developers to manage the CBR/CBZ files like a lot of pictures files to display and to keep the logic : button to change the picture, zoom + joystick.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #60
Manolo
Addict

I wonder which of these bugs are corrected in new April firmware ....

Tags
bugs, coolreader, fbreader, onyx boox, whislist