Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-27-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
memiek
memiek began at the beginning.

Device: None yet... still deciding on which one to buy (or win!)
New and don't know what reader to buy..

Hi all,

Being totally new to eBooks, I'm glad I have run into this site!

I'm currently in great doubt what reader to buy.... the great looking Sony PRS505, a Kindle 2 pr DX or the BeBook that is open to so many formats.

Too many choices....., will have to decide soon though as I'm supposed to be back on a plane to Europe in the next couple of weeks and this time I don't want to carry all those heave books with me (even though it does give a great work-out)
memiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
memiek, Welcome to MobileRead.

Whichever decsion you make, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Don't hesitate to ask questions, and scour the forums for more info.

Check out the "dedicated ebook devices" section of our Wiki (look up to the top) for more information on the differences.

Enjoy.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi memiek and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
welcome to mobile read! you can't go wrong with any of those choices... the Sony 505 is perfect for ME. Definitely check out the "which one should I buy" forum for information!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:29 PM   #5
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Memiek!

I have a Sony 700 and absolutely love it! Good luck making your decision. Check out the Wiki here to compare the different readers. Perhaps it will help you make up your mind.

Enjoy!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 04:08 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by memiek View Post
Hi all,

Being totally new to eBooks, I'm glad I have run into this site!

I'm currently in great doubt what reader to buy.... the great looking Sony PRS505, a Kindle 2 pr DX or the BeBook that is open to so many formats.

Too many choices....., will have to decide soon though as I'm supposed to be back on a plane to Europe in the next couple of weeks and this time I don't want to carry all those heave books with me (even though it does give a great work-out)
Of your list between the 505, K2, DX, and BeBook, please don't go with the DX. It's PDF support is lousy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #7
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello memiek, and Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome smear.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	31541 to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:31 AM   #8
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Before you buy check out the EZ Reader deal (July 3/4) at www.frys.com It is same hardware (similar firmware) as BeBook.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #9
memiek
memiek began at the beginning.

Device: None yet... still deciding on which one to buy (or win!)
Hi all,

Thanks for the welcome and the suggestions! That Fry's deal looks good, I'm going to read a bit more about that particular type of eReader to see if it will fit my needs.

The DX has been crossed of the list, main reason is the unavailability at the moment.

I'll be sure to keep on reading as much as possible in the forums and Wiki.

Thanks again,
Marieke
memiek is offline   Reply With Quote