Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 05:25 AM   #1
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Midnight Commander

Managed to make a port of the classical UNIX file manager - Midnight Commander v 4.6.2 (there were big issues with cross-compilation of MC 4.7.* ..). Works fine on my DR800S device, software version 1 (January 2010). Tested successfully on QEMU Virtual machine 2.0 RC2. Is expected to work on DR1000 as both devices now have the same OS.

Prerequisites: rxvt console installed into Programs/ on your SD card.

Installation: unpack the content of the archive to your SD card. You'll have the structure
SD card
------ Programs/
------------- _mc/
------------- mc.desktop

Run mc.desktop and enjoy

P.S. I removed syntax coloring schemes to have the package smaller. Please comment if you'd really need them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mc.png
Views:	582
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	53613  
Attached Files
File Type: zip mc.zip (360.6 KB, 485 views)

Last edited by dima_tr; 06-18-2010 at 05:39 AM.
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
eKalamos
eKalamos began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800
Thumbs up

Many thanks for this app. As a fan of Total Commander and Krusader, I love it. And it's such a convenient way to access the complete contents of the DR800 ! Very well done.

At first I was a bit put out by the deft touch it requires with the stylus, but in fact it's manageable (though for file navigation, the flipbar is a must).

Perhaps it could be made a little bit better by making the font a bit bigger, since as it is there's quite a bit of unused space.

But again, very well done! Please keep up the good work!

eKalamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Only five words: this is great! Thank You!
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:22 AM   #4
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

..but I found a problem (dr1000): moving, copying or deleting of a file (a book) has no immidiate effect on the global.db and so I have to reboot for making the changes having an effect. Is there a chance, to include the update the global.db?
Old 10-11-2010, 07:59 AM   #5
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

clear this functionality is not in - it was my first porting experience, and the sources are 1:1 original ones. I do not know if I have time for hacking this injection .. Maybe later - currently busy at work, sorry guys.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:48 AM   #6
ThR
Tatütatuter

no problem for me. ;-)
Old 10-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #7
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
so I have to reboot for making the changes having an effect.
Removing the SD-card and re-inserting also triggers a 'regenerate' if I am not mistaking.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
dima_tr
Groupie

+1 That's the easiest way now. Connect to PC, eject -> done.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #9
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
..but I found a problem (dr1000): moving, copying or deleting of a file (a book) has no immidiate effect on the global.db and so I have to reboot for making the changes having an effect. Is there a chance, to include the update the global.db?
you can also run the "mdbindex" command to update global.db.
I think it does even accept a "--fast" (or similar) parameter. Sorry, but can't check it now.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote