Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-24-2006, 05:40 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
iLiad inside pictures

I added a page to the Wiki with pictures showing the iLiad disassembled.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/ILiad_Internals

Thanks to arivero, and to all others brave enough to take their iLiad apart
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:42 AM   #2
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
He seems to have a habit of opening device and running them on steam engines. ;-)
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2006, 12:39 PM   #3
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Actually I have not tested the steam nor the metanol engine as a power source for my portables. But there was some plan to do it... in the long run
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:52 PM   #4
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
Yeah - if society breaks down one day and there's no more 220V/6A coming out of the power plug you will still be able to read your thousands of ebooks stored on sd cards.
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:33 AM   #5
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
try to keep asking for power rechargue in the pubs while traveling not across africa, but across Europe itself. I am now in Brussels, heading for Rotterdam to look for a ferry at the Hoek.. as a plus, i avoid the airport regulations :-).

Ah, cheap train beds do not have 220 volts.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2006, 03:17 AM   #6
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Wow...pretty daring...I take many things aart, but my 670€ is an exception...:-)

One thing that somehow confuses me...in Snoopy's pictures there is the mention of "batteries" and there are two batteries (or that's the way it looks) shown in his device...isn't that a bit weird???
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:28 AM   #7
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
According to Snoopy, the travel hub is empty. I don't even see a reason why the sockets are not integrated in the device itself. But it should be easy to design direct usb / power cables.
ali is offline   Reply With Quote