Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-13-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
Calibre and Music

I'm wondering if it's possible to organize some music on calibre for my Sony 505.

I have begun to use Calibre successfully for organizing and reformating my books and love it. I really hated the Sony software. But, I'd also like to arrange some music on the device and, if possible, keep different songs in different collections or tags.
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, I'm afraid calibre doesn't really manage music.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay.
Thanks for letting me know.
Thanks for Calibre. It really is a great program and I've only been using it for a couple of days!
Old 09-14-2009, 01:06 PM   #4
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader

So, now my problem is that I still need the Sony software to load some music on. But I'm concerned that when I plug my 505 in with the ereader program running that it will try to sync my books and make a mess of things.
Any suggestions?
Old 09-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Managing music

I keep my mp3s for my PRS-505 on my sd card. Then I use Media Monkey to synch it. It recognizes it as just another mp3 player. I really like Media monkey and the basic program is free. You can even have it synch a random selection of music each time. You can check it at www.mediamonkey.com.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 01:48 PM   #6
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out.
I've never had an MP3 player before (believe it or not). I've been kind of old fashioned about music usually choosing the ancient method of sitting in front of speakers with my eyes closed. But I would occaisionaly like to use my 505 to listen to and I now keep it with my ALWAYS.
If I pop an SD card with music on it into my 505 will it automatically recognize it or do I need to do anything else?
Old 09-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The PRS-505 will automatically recognise any .mp3 files on the system.

be aware, though, that although the PRS-505 can play mp3 files fines it does not provide much in the way of organising them to make it easy to find specific items.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:09 PM   #8
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader

That's what I thought. So that means that organizing my music into a few albums etc. is impossible. Correct?
Old 09-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #9
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Yes.

You can store them like that on the SD card, but the firmware will present them as a flat list.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote