Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-19-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
billyad2000
Enthusiast
billyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with others

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hello everyone

Hello everyone - I'm new here and just thought sat hi.

I've had a good look aroung the forum and there is a lot of information here about the Cybook Gen3, it's by far the most i could find (In English), in a single location.
I've never had an EBook reader before, but I spend many hours in a week reading and I have never found an LCD screen that was that comfortable to look at for long periods.
For years I have been waiting for an ebook reader that would suit my needs, namely that it was as easy to read as paper. I was delighted when Sony launched the PRS-500 but very dissapointed to hear that they would not be launched in the UK. I was unwilling to buy an reader with a propriety format which was unavailable to buy from the UK. I did read late last year that a UK launch was planned for April and so planned to buy one then.
Then I heard about the Cybook Gen3. As you can imagine, over the last few weeks I've scoured the web looking for any and all information regarding the Cybook and after a bit more research I took the leap after they got them back in stock and ordered one.

Already looked around and found many of my favorite books available in mobibook format, although many are strangly missing, later books seem to have been published yet the earlier and often better books not.

A couple of good examples of this would be
Frank Herberts Dune - My favorite sc-fi story of them all, The 2nd part of the series messiah is available while the classic Dune is not
Raymond E. Feist is another favorite author of mine, but most of his earlier books are unavailable. Ive also got to ask where is "Lord of the RIngs".
I just hope that these books do become available in time.

I can't wait to recieve it, must be due any day now (I ordered on the 5th of march), although I think it will be after Easter now, I've read that once it has been dispatched that they send an email but none for me yet, although I did get a strange email in french (Strange in that I don't speak much french) from M21 Editions or cluster21 which seemed to suggest it was on its way i'm not sure what the link is between cluster21 and cybook.

I've been hanging aroung this forum for a couple of weeks now and decided it was time to sign up. Seems to be a very nice community
billyad2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, billyad2000!

The community is only as good as the people in it, and we're glad to have you.

I'm also glad that you found information here that helped you make a decision. We've mostly found that he more info folks have before they make a choice on these things, the more likely they are to be happy with their choice.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert