Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-04-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
Geoff7
Geoff7 began at the beginning.

Device: iliad maybe?
Second Hand?

hello all, looking for help!

i'm a music student here in ireland and was offered a gift of an eReader (woop woop ) so after looking at a few i thought the iliad book edition would be the one to go for. iRex turned out to be rubbish at answering emails about bank drafts (no credit card!) so i looked around and i found one for sale on eBay, its the v2 and is cheaper etc but my question (finally) is - are readers able to be used on multiple computers? ie would i have trouble getting the reader to work with my computer since its already been used with the sellers??

any help would be great

Geoff
Geoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Geoff7.

The answers you are looking for will be posting soon......lots of friendly and knowledgeable people here.

Tell us what you like to read, and how lucky for you to be offered such a gift!

In the meantime, check out the books we've uploaded here.

Good luck!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff7 View Post
are readers able to be used on multiple computers? ie would i have trouble getting the reader to work with my computer since its already been used with the sellers??
The iLiad does not lock itself to one particular computer, so that should not be a problem. It basically just shows up like a standard USB removable drive. The only thing you may run into is that you register the MAC address (they use it like a serial number) with a MyiRex account (used to download software updates, etc) at iRex's website. You'll want to make sure that you can register the iLiad with a new MyiRex account that you create and that it won't prevent you from doing that if the MAC is still registered with the seller's account. I'm pretty sure you can, but I've never tried it.

Has anyone on here had to do that? Any problems with MyiRex saying the MAC address was already in use by another account?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:08 AM   #4
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
I believe you only need a MyiRex account if you have a paid newspaper subscription through iDS or if you wish to hack your iLiad (developer access) to load 3rd party programs.

You can do generic iDS firmware updates, no account required (I've updated several iLiads that didn't have MyiRex accounts).

You can have multiple iLiads registered to a single MyiRex account. I haven't tried setting up a new account for an iLiad that already has a registered account. I'll try that when I'm back at work this week.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:18 AM   #5
M@rcel
Connoisseur
M@rcel began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad
I bought mine 2nd hand. I created a new account at myirex and the iliad's mac was registered normally. I used the account for developer access, updates, etc. All went fine.

BUT:
The previous owner gave his subscription to a newspaper with it, but I was unable to transfer this to my new account. The newspaper helpdesk could not or did not want to transfer the subscription. The previous owner gave me his myirex credentials, so I could easily switch back to his account.

SO:
If any subscribtions are included with your purchase: Ask for the seller's account info at myirex. Then change the account's password.
If no subscribtions are included, then you can just create a new account and all will be fine.

HTH

Last edited by M@rcel; 02-07-2009 at 07:21 AM.
M@rcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert