Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 01:35 AM   #1
Berni
Enthusiast
Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: mio
ebooks on Android tablet

Have used a Bebook for 2.1/2 years but just recently got hold of an Android tablet - a Pioneer /Dreambook epad - but cannot work out how to get any of my very large library into the Aldiko app. I have put a Micro SD card into my computer and copied about 10 epub books into the Aldiko folder but they do not show up when the Aldiko app is started. Can anyone tell me (kindly) what I am doing wrong. I do not as yet have a cable that I can connect this gadget to my computer but one is on its way from HK which I hope will work. I was hoping this smaller reader would work as I have bought an iPad but it is too heavy to hold for very long as I have severe arthritis in my hands. If anyone has used one of these gadgets could they give me some steps to follow Any help would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks. Berni
Berni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:22 AM   #2
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
You have to put them in the ebooks/import/ folder on the sd card. Then in Aldiko you have to get the menu up and select import to get them on to the Bookshelf for reading..
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2011, 02:51 AM   #3
Berni
Enthusiast
Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ebooks on Android

Thanks for your reply. When I put an empty MicroSD card into the device and format the SD card there are no folders created for Aldiko. If I put this card into my computer via an adapter and then create a folder for Aldiko and within that folder create ebooks/import it is not recognised when I transfer it to the Pioneer device and the few books that I put in this folder for starters do not show up on the Bookshelf. I also have not been able to find where to import them in the Aldiko app. I apologise for seeming to be somewhat stupid but as I am a longtime PC user some of these other systems are unusual to me. Thanks. Berni
Old 05-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
On the Aldiko "Home" screen tap SD Card from there you can browse and select books to open or import into Aldiko. The import from menu option is something from the old version of Aldiko and AFAIK isn't an option in the new 2.x versions.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 05-17-2011 at 02:41 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #5
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Thanks for your reply. When I put an empty MicroSD card into the device and format the SD card there are no folders created for Aldiko. If I put this card into my computer via an adapter and then create a folder for Aldiko and within that folder create ebooks/import it is not recognised when I transfer it to the Pioneer device and the few books that I put in this folder for starters do not show up on the Bookshelf. I also have not been able to find where to import them in the Aldiko app. I apologise for seeming to be somewhat stupid but as I am a longtime PC user some of these other systems are unusual to me. Thanks. Berni
Hi Berni-
You don't need a folder Called "Aldiko" on your micro sd card. Just create eBooks/import and put your epubs in the import subfolder. Open the Aldiko app go to menu and select "import". The files you placed in eBooks/import will show up on the Aldiko bookshelf.

Aldiko comes in two flavor (that I know of) so if that doesn't work come back and tell me what it says on the Aldiko>Menu screen.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2011, 10:59 PM   #6
Berni
Enthusiast

ebooks on Android

Thank you John for your clear instructions. I reformated the SD card and followed your instructions and now have 12 books on my bookshelf. I will now evaluate whether this device is suitable for reading as my BeBook is freezing constantly and given its age is probably on the way out. If this little unit is unsuitable I may have to go to a Sony. Many many thanks for helping me out in this instance. cheers Berni

Many thanks to those other kind people who offered comments -- very much appreciated all round. Berni