Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 06:39 AM   #46
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Depends on whether it is copyrighted or not. Also, it depends on whether I have time to mess around with it or not, which is currently not looking too good. If the document is not copyrighted, though, you could attach it and hope that someone else tries.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:50 AM   #47
Confuzzled
Confuzzled began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
ok actually i think i have it working
Confuzzled is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 06:56 AM   #48
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
hundred percent sure.... i copied the code from the bar into my reply.... could i possibly attach the source document so u can try it in your calibre?
Only if it is not covered by copyright. Posting copyrighted files is likely to get you banned from the forum.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:00 AM   #49
Confuzzled

is it possible to chain regex codes in the header bar? e.g. set up a standard code that removes page nmubers, abc, pdf transform etc in one? right now i can only do one at a time...
Old 01-19-2011, 07:12 AM   #50
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

See this part of the tutorial I linked to earlier.
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 07:24 AM   #51
Confuzzled

1 more question sorry everyone i tried using
(<p.*?><a.*?></a></p>)
to get rid of the aabby stuff and it highlights in yellow but doesnt remove am i making a mistake?
Old 01-19-2011, 07:35 AM   #52
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
1 more question sorry everyone i tried using
(<p.*?><a.*?></a></p>)
to get rid of the aabby stuff and it highlights in yellow but doesnt remove am i making a mistake?
That only matches the tags, not what's enclosed in them. Or, to be more precise, it matches the tags without anything enclosed in them, so it shouldn't even highlight anything from the Abby stuff. I'm beginning to think there's something seriously wonky with your Calibre.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:39 AM   #53
Confuzzled

really? i was under the impression it would remove anything page break with a html link inside no matter what the html link is( or at least thats what i was going for and what gets highlighted) any help with it then?
Old 01-19-2011, 07:44 AM   #54
Manichean
Wizard

The <p> stuff is a paragraph, not a page break. Just saying because it's been driving me crazy.
Regexes only do string matching with no interpretation of what the strings are, do or mean in it. There's no text to match in between your opening and closing tags, thus, nothing should get matched except for an empty link tag inside a paragraph tag.
It seems to me that while you obviously know something about regular expressions, you may have missed the concept. Think about the string matching part of the second paragraph a little.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #55
Confuzzled

thanks i'd rather know... sorry it just made more sense to be a page break then a paragraph in the context of the links but in genral contrext paragraph does make more sense so thanx... i think my main problem is bringing my previous programming knowledge into regex.
i kno the purpose is to match strings but in the tutorial it makes refrences to matching all strings no matter what the actual string is as long as its within a particular function (its generally refered to as a problem e.g. trying to remove a bold page number and removing every bold string in the document) therefore i thought the same concept could be applied to the html links... I suppose im wrong oh well
thanks very much manichean u've bn really helpful even tho i've bn a really slow learner
Old 01-19-2011, 08:04 AM   #56
Confuzzled

dont worry got it working its supposed to be:
<a.*?>.*?</a>
thanks alot manichean
Old 01-19-2011, 08:14 AM   #57
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
i kno the purpose is to match strings but in the tutorial it makes refrences to matching all strings no matter what the actual string is as long as its within a particular function (its generally refered to as a problem e.g. trying to remove a bold page number and removing every bold string in the document) therefore i thought the same concept could be applied to the html links... I suppose im wrong oh well
I hope it doesn't say it quite that way, as that would be wrong. Could you quote the paragraph you've understood to say that, please? It might have to be clarified in the tutorial.

Quote:
dont worry got it working its supposed to be:
<a.*?>.*?</a>
Yeah, that should work. Be aware, though, that this removes all links from the document. Depending on what you convert, that may not be desirable.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:11 AM   #58
Confuzzled

"thus we could remove everything between those tags using <b.*?>.*?</b>"
I know but i wanted the code for a particlar set.... thanks again
Old 01-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #59
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
"thus we could remove everything between those tags using <b.*?>.*?</b>"
I know but i wanted the code for a particlar set.... thanks again
Notice, though, that there is a wildcard followed by a quantifier in between those two tags. They weren't there in the regex you posted earlier.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:18 AM   #60
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
I notice the "remove Header" and "remove footer" options have gone in Calibre - could someone point me in the right direction of how to do this very useful job? I presume there is a new way.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote