Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 11-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
Jon Noring
Jon Noring doesn't litterJon Noring doesn't litter

Feedback requested on ePub ("My Antonia") rendering in various Reading Software

Everyone,

I have prepared a hand-made ePub of the classic novel "My Antonia" and am requesting feedback on how this e-book renders in the various mobile ePub reading systems (e.g. iPhone's Stanza) and in conversion and rendering in other formats. Of course, screen captures would be most welcome!

The "My Antonia" ePub is downloadable form: http://www.glasspublishing.net/myantonia/

(Use the highest version in the directory.)

In requesting feedback on how this ePub renders in the desktop readers such as Adobe DE, Epubreader add-on for Firefox, bookworm, etc., someone noted that they sometimes were not able to load this ePub into the iPhone Stanza. I'd like to know why.

Note that this ePub passes epubcheck 1.0.3, 1.0.4, and an unreleased 1.0.5 beta (I am involved with IDPF standards, and was one of the main technical contributors to the specs which underly ePub.)

I look forward to your feedback. Thanks!

Jon Noring
Jon Noring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:45 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Noring View Post
Everyone,

I have prepared a hand-made ePub of the classic novel "My Antonia" and am requesting feedback on how this e-book renders in the various mobile ePub reading systems (e.g. iPhone's Stanza) and in conversion and rendering in other formats. Of course, screen captures would be most welcome!
Thanks for the opportunity; I've downloaded the book and will let you know how it works on my ECO reader as soon as I can - it may take a few days.

Would you prefer feedback on the forum or by private message?

Regards, Alex

PS: Wouldn't your request be better placed on the ePub forum?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #3
Jon Noring
Jon Noring doesn't litterJon Noring doesn't litter

Alex, thanks! Be sure to use the latest version from my site as I am continuously tweaking the document. It is current at version 1.1b (but just called 1.1, put up late last night.) So before trying it on ECO, check again at http://www.glasspublishing.net/myantonia/

About feedback, either the forum or private email is fine. And, yes, I also posted my request to the ePub forum.
Jon Noring is offline   Reply With Quote