Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 11-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #1
artifex4
artifex4 began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Phone
EPUB reader for Windows Phone

If anyone is interested there'a new eBook reader for Windows Phone that supports EPUB. It's called Artifex4 READER.

What's cool about it, is that it renders content through the WebBrowser component, thus achieving better layout. Also, it can read books to you in any of the installed languages.

Here's a full list of its features:
  • high-quality layout using HTML5 rendering
  • narration in all installed languages
  • color themes and font settings
  • search with voice recognition
  • internal and external links
  • table of contents
  • bookmarks
  • various book sources: SD card, OneDrive, Project Gutenberg, etc.

You can check out the demo video at the offical website.

It's not free, but it costs only a little.

Truth be told, it hasn't been on the store for some time, but I've been adding features and spreading the word was not a priority till now, so even though it's not exactly new in the store, it's new to the users.

Hope people like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	English.png
Views:	671
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	131496   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chinese.png
Views:	661
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	131497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bulgarian.png
Views:	681
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	131498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Welsh.png
Views:	652
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	131499  
artifex4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:47 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Since it support HTML5 is it fully ePub 3 compliant?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2014, 07:31 AM   #3
artifex4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Since it support HTML5 is it fully ePub 3 compliant?

Dale
Hello Dale!

It's an EPUB 2 reader. I'm working on EPUB3 support, but it's not (yet) a priority.

Thanks.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:49 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
It looks good, but why do you want my phone/user identity, or my data services?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #5
artifex4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
It looks good, but why do you want my phone/user identity, or my data services?
Hello and thanks for the comment!

Here's a list of all required permissions for the app:

phone identity + owner identity: I think those two were required for checking whether the app was in trial mode. Might be wrong. If you are very worried, I would look it further.

microphone + speech: Voice search

data services: OPDS, e.g. accessing Project Gutenberg, Feedbooks, etc. from within the app.

SD card: Opening files from the sdcard from within the app

web browser component: the content is rendered through the web browser UI element

Cheers!
Advert
Old 12-04-2014, 02:19 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
SD card, web browser, microphone and speech were clear, but thanks for explaining the other two.

I looked into the phone and owner identity and could only find this page:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/ho...s-requirements

Quote:
Owner identity – An anonymous identifier that allows an app to distinguish one person from another, but provides no personal info.
Phone identity – A unique device identifier that allows an app to distinguish one phone from another.
And this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/wi...vs.105%29.aspx

And it's not that I'm very worried, but I would like if more apps only use the requirements they actually need. Naturally, it's easy for me to say, as I've not developed a WP app myself yet (I really should get to that one day, if only I could think of something to make, considering I'm a .NET developer myself...). But I tend to not install (and posssibly buy) apps that have requirements that I cannot explain. Especially "Owner Identity"...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:30 AM   #7
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
This is noted, thank you all for your information. I have been urging my best friend who has a windows phone to read the books I have recommended to her but she has no knowledge whatsoever about any applications for her phone (she just bought it).
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
artifex4, epub, narration, windows phone