Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > Kindle Books (offline)

Notices

Old 02-13-2008, 01:08 AM   #1
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Authors, Various: The Lock and Key Library Vol 01. v1, 13 Feb 2008

A collection of classic mystery and detective stories from Russian, Scandinavian and Hungarian authors edited by Julian Hawthorne.

Contents: Alexander Sergeivitch Pushkin - The Queen of Spades; Vera Jelihovsky - The General's Will; Feodor Mikhailvitch Dostoyevsky - Crime and Punishment; Anton Chekhoff - The Safety Match; Vsevolod Vladimirvitch Krestovski - Knights of Industry; Jorgen Wilhelm Bergsoe - The Amputated Arms; Otto Larrsen - The Manuscript; Bernhard Severin Ingemann - The Sealed Room; Steen Severin Ingemann - The Rector of Veilbye; Huingarian Mystery Stories: Ferencz Molnar - The Living Death; Naurus Jokai - Thirteen at Table; Etienne Barsony - The Dancing Bear; Arthur Elck - The Tower Room

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 02-13-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:37 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Aston Chekhoff - The Safety Match
I think you might mean Anton Tchekhov (or Chekhov).

Are you planning to make an imp version of this book ? i noticed you often do but i didn't see one so far...

thanks
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
I think you might mean Anton Tchekhov (or Chekhov).

Are you planning to make an imp version of this book ? i noticed you often do but i didn't see one so far...

thanks
Fixed, thanks. I am now getting a memory usage error when I try to make IMP books. I am troubleshooting the problem.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:30 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ok, thanks for the update ! i hope you figure out your error... i too am struggling this week with my book making attempts (not the same problem though).

i will look out for the imp version.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:40 AM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Fixed, thanks. I am now getting a memory usage error when I try to make IMP books. I am troubleshooting the problem.
I hope I'm not 'stepping on toes here', but I just converted your .prc above into .IMP format with my perl script, 'mobi2imp.pl' located in the Fictionwise forum.

It converted very easily, but as there was no 'author' or 'category' metadata (as found in some .mobi files), I had to manually provide this info. See the .bat file below for details.

In the meantime, the attached .IMP version is for zelda_pinwheel, and for your perusal. I will delete it once your .IMP version gets posted.

Again, just trying to help.

-Nick

p.s. this .IMP ebook has a larger font and better image(s) than ones produced by BD.
This should be the standard way to produce .IMP ebooks if you produce a .prc version first.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2008, 03:21 AM   #6
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I hope I'm not 'stepping on toes here', but I just converted your .prc above into .IMP format with my perl script, 'mobi2imp.pl' located in the Fictionwise forum.

It converted very easily, but as there was no 'author' or 'category' metadata (as found in some .mobi files), I had to manually provide this info. See the .bat file below for details.

In the meantime, the attached .IMP version is for zelda_pinwheel, and for your perusal. I will delete it once your .IMP version gets posted.

Again, just trying to help.

-Nick

p.s. this .IMP ebook has a larger font and better image(s) than ones produced by BD.
This should be the standard way to produce .IMP ebooks if you produce a .prc version first.
Thanks, you are not stepping on my toes at all. I am thinking about getting out of the IMP business anyway. If anyone wants to make IMP versions of the books I post they should go ahead. The goal is to have the best looking books posted on this site.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:28 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
In the meantime, the attached .IMP version is for zelda_pinwheel, and for your perusal.

--snip--

Thank you kindly ! looking forward to reading it.

I will try using your scripts on my next book ; i'm not having much fun with my current process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina
I am thinking about getting out of the IMP business anyway.
oh ! well i can understand the amount of work being overwhelming and i definitely appreciate all the imp books you've made so far... a request : in the cases where you do not make an imp version, would you mind sharing your source files if someone else wants to ? i hear you can save time this way i would like to make more imp books but i'm not ready for large-scale production yet, but in future hopefully i'll be able to help you out !

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 02-14-2008 at 07:09 AM. Reason: confusing typo / freudian slip
Old 02-14-2008, 08:36 AM   #8
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Madam Broshkina:

Your past postings of .IMP ebooks have greatly enriched our ebook community. Job well done!

I will post the .IMP version for this ebook, in the .IMP ebooks forum.

In future, I can post any of Madam Broshkina's ebooks, on request, using the .prc version and the perl script. No source files needed here!

While I could not possibly keep up the 'pace' set by Madam Broshkina's posting, I will certinaly help those that wish to do any direct converting of the .prc into a .IMP ebook. (zelda_pinwhell --> hint, hint, ...).

-Nick
Old 02-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
In future, I can post any of Madam Broshkina's ebooks, on request, using the .prc version and the perl script. No source files needed here!

While I could not possibly keep up the 'pace' set by Madam Broshkina's posting, I will certinaly help those that wish to do any direct converting of the .prc into a .IMP ebook. (zelda_pinwhell --> hint, hint, ...).

-Nick
wait... you mean i can take a prc file (just to be clear, that is an actual finished ebook in mobi format right ?) and convert it directly to imp ???? how would i do that ?? perhaps you could explain in a new thread (sorry Madame Broshkina for this tangent !) ? i would LOVE to know this (and then i would shut up about the "could you make an imp version please ?").

thanks !
Old 02-14-2008, 09:02 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

pfff... never mind, i just saw the new post on the perl scripts thread. i will read that first.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:21 AM   #11
nrapallo

Yes, it's that easy!

Just obtain the .prc, the 'mobi2imp.pl' perl script and the above 'mobi2imp-runme.bat' and place into a folder of your choosing. Then, double-click the 'mobi2imp-runme.bat' and you're done. A beautiful .IMP version.

By the way, you can re-use that .bat file for other conversions, or just mass-convert many .prc's all at once. It is really that easy!

IMPORTANT STUFF: For all of this to work, you must have:
1. the eBook Publisher software installed (it does all the work silently).
2. a proper setup that can execute perl scripts (I use ActiveState's perl)
3. you also need the nconvert.exe freely distributable program which helps fix any 'corrupt' images used in the ebook.

All the information and programs you need to make this happen are in the Fictionwise forum in the thread "Using perl scripts to produce...

Enjoy!

-Nick