Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Transfer via USB not working

Anyone else having trouble with this today? There is no link for it in the options for each book when I go in manage your kindle off the website, and when you click on a title to buy, it is not listed either. Wondering if it's just a temporary glitch or if they have actually removed this option?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
I get the option to Transfer via Computer both on the manage your kindle page, and when buying a book...
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am not seeing that on mine. I get two options, send to or delete from library, and that's it.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Weird, I get 5 options:

Read Now
Deliver to my...
Download & Transfer via USB
Clear furthest page read
Delete from library

If I choose Deliver to, the pop-up has an option to use USB as well.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #5
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I'm in the UK and the options are all there using the Manage my Kindle page on Amazon.co.uk, but when I log in via my via Amazon.com (Media library) it only has the deliver to and delete options, no USB transfer. Not sure if this is because I am registered on co.uk and it's always been this way or if it's some other kind of issue?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
ficbot
Wizard

Update: I spoke to tech support and they said it's because I deregistered my hardware Kindle. You only get the USB option if you have a hardware Kindle; if all you have is an iDevice or android device, you have to use the cloud.

I am upset about this because the only reason I got rid of my hardware Kindle is because I needed a backlit device. The only hardware backlit device Amazon sells is the Kindle Fire. Since I am in Canada, they will not sell it to me. So what choice did I have?
Old 06-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I am upset about this because the only reason I got rid of my hardware Kindle is because I needed a backlit device. The only hardware backlit device Amazon sells is the Kindle Fire. Since I am in Canada, they will not sell it to me. So what choice did I have?
Get a lighted cover. Any particular reason that it has to be back-lighting, as opposed to side-lighting or front-lighting?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
ficbot
Wizard

Because I tried a book light and hated it :-) I felt like I could never see the whole screen and my eyes were straining. Plus if I tilted it the wrong way by accident, it would blind my bedmate.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #9
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Update: I spoke to tech support and they said it's because I deregistered my hardware Kindle. You only get the USB option if you have a hardware Kindle; if all you have is an iDevice or android device, you have to use the cloud.

If all you want to do is get the ebooks on your computer, you can use the Kindle for PC/Mac app, although you'll have to strip the DRM before you can load the books on one of your other devices.

Last edited by Synamon; 06-22-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Because I tried a book light and hated it :-) I felt like I could never see the whole screen and my eyes were straining. Plus if I tilted it the wrong way by accident, it would blind my bedmate.
So you're writing off the whole gamut of lighting solutions on the basis of the one poorly-designed light that you tried?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote