Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
What music player are you using?

I'm not super in touch with music players. Usually I listen to Pandora but now that I am getting my music sent to the cloud I've been playing with the app that comes with the Fire. I'm not impressed. Am I missing something? What is everyone else using and what do you like about it?
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
I'm just using the built in on to play my music from the clould. It works for me.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
I am also using the built-in app for playing mp3(s) from the Cloud. I've used Pandora also but prefer the Tune-In radio app for other music.

I've looked for a music player but most don't have many stars in the reviews.
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
They have Winapp.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
grvthang
Connoisseur
grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Fire, Droid Incredible2, Kindle Touch
is there certain functionality that you find is lacking in the stock app, or do you not like the user interface? it plays the songs, displays the album art, you can pause it, skip a section of a song, or go back to an earlier part of a song and replay it.
that's about all I need it to do.
grvthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I find the stock app takes too long to pick and choose what goes in a playlist. I want to be able to select multiple whole albums for a playlist but with the stock app I have to select each and every song and it takes forever. I gave up earlier and just had it play everything in alphabetical order. LOL I just skip the ones I don't want to listen to at the moment.

Maybe I'm just not finding the right controls, like I said, I'm new to the player apps. The only mp3 player I owned in the past was the Shuffle and it worked perfectly for me. One button randomize for everything and that was the on/off button.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
I don't really do playlists but for an album just click on the first song and the whole album plays.
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #8
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Whoops. Lost my train of thought after getting up and sitting down.

On the Fire, I don't really use much in the way of the music player. I've used the stock one a few times for a couple of songs, but I don't use it too much.

Last edited by RainingLemur; 01-05-2012 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Thought I was in the Android forum for a moment.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #9
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Just the stock Fire player and Pandora, Songza,and Tune-in for online music
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #10
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannah View Post
I don't really do playlists but for an album just click on the first song and the whole album plays.
I was doing this but I hate knowing exactly what song is coming up. I like variety so it doesn't get boring. Even in my car I use random on my CD player. I just want to mix up all my favs at once.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarky View Post
I find the stock app takes too long to pick and choose what goes in a playlist. I want to be able to select multiple whole albums for a playlist but with the stock app I have to select each and every song and it takes forever. I gave up earlier and just had it play everything in alphabetical order. LOL I just skip the ones I don't want to listen to at the moment.

Maybe I'm just not finding the right controls, like I said, I'm new to the player apps. The only mp3 player I owned in the past was the Shuffle and it worked perfectly for me. One button randomize for everything and that was the on/off button.
Log into your Amazon Cloud Drive via your Browser and make your playlists that way. It's quick and easy. You can add whole albums in just a click.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #12
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Log into your Amazon Cloud Drive via your Browser and make your playlists that way. It's quick and easy. You can add whole albums in just a click.
Perfect! Thank you for this. It took more time for me to figure out how to get to the cloud than it did to set up my playlist. LOL I never actually logged into the cloud before so I wasn't aware that feature was available. No more sifting through them one at a time.