Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: Does the latest version work for you?
Yes 92 89.32%
No 11 10.68%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2013, 01:54 AM   #601
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
At the time that KUAL was released, I do not think anyone had a cross-breed DX/K3-firmware test device.

Thanks for reporting the trouble with KUAL and that device/firmware combination.
**My Bad**
Did you read the "Known Issues" spoiler in the top KUAL thread post?

Did you try the "Work Around" that was linked from inside the spoiler?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:31 AM   #602
xs400
xs400 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
**My Bad**
Did you read the "Known Issues" spoiler in the top KUAL thread post?

Did you try the "Work Around" that was linked from inside the spoiler?
Thanks knc1 and everyone for the KUAL and the deviceHack and the other nifty hacks.

Yes, thats where I got the deviceHack work around. The spoiler pointed me to a post with something about usbnetwork and SSH. After struggling with trying to get usbnetwork to work with my Win7 / XP, I realized I just had to run the runme somehow - so 'hacked' up the launchpad ini file . Luckily for me, that worked! I may still have to do the "runme install".

The spoiler sent me to the mobilereads forum which came up with German frames (?) (I'm in India), with a single post and I meant to reply to that post with the usbnetwork suggestion; but my post got inserted here.

I see that others have tried the Launchpad route [post my post ]

Hey, I better start reading after all the work you guys put in - thanks again!
xs400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #603
misdoro
misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Amazon kindle dx white
following page 24, the attached script fixed active content on my kindle dx white (dxi, b005*), device id A13V1IB3VIYZZH.
Firmware 3.4 (3.2.1 > 3.3 > 3.4 update).
Script started through launchpad custom updates.

crucial point is that k3/${JPATH}/b/c.class also needs patching, otherwise active content crashes with
"Unexpected device type. Unable to load keyboard image data for device family member: A13V1IB3VIYZZH"

Tested with KindleNote
Attached Files
File Type: zip runme_1.zip (1.0 KB, 315 views)

Last edited by misdoro; 08-08-2013 at 11:53 AM.
misdoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #604
misdoro
misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.misdoro solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Amazon kindle dx white
btw, usbnetwork seems to work fine when started using KUAL. Normal method using ;debugon and ~usbnetwork never worked on this firmware.
misdoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #605
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@misdoro: That was to be expected, but thanks for the confirmation .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2013, 06:46 AM   #606
fredyd
fredyd began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 912 + Kindle 3
Please note that the libwebkit from kindle firmware 3.4 (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=196495 ) breaks text entry in web pages (e.g. Google search).
fredyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:09 AM   #607
Anaksagoras
Anaksagoras began at the beginning.

Device: amazonkindle
hi everybody. my kindle is kindle DXG International. i just apply in this topic's works and now my kindle firmware is 3.3 but i have some question. is anyone can you help me please? (sorry for my bad english)

- how i return 2.5 firmware? (i forgot make backup)
- how i jailbreak this 3.3?
- and eventual, how to install 3.2.1 to my kindle dxgI? (because 3.2.1 it's running more stabil)
Anaksagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:15 PM   #608
filetemp
filetemp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by wju View Post
Hi all,
I have successfully upgraded fw in my DXG to 3.3 via my K3. Many thanks for this. FW 3.3 in my DXG works fine and after building search database (cca 700 books took one night) the battery drain while sleeping is not a problem any more.
I especially enjoy PDF contrast, because I convert some of my books to PDF by LaTEX and it looks terrific now.

Does anyone know how to upgrade fonts to new hacked v5.5.N?
The file “update_fonts_5.5.N_dxg_install.bin” runs successfully but after restart fonts are still the same. :-)

I was successful with font upgrade on my K3 (fw 3.4) and I really prefer this 5.5N font.

Anyone knows?
Thanks in advance.
wju
could you share you update.bin got from the kindle 3.3 ? I have no kindle 3.3, but a kindle DX.
filetemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:55 AM   #609
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filetemp View Post
could you share you update.bin got from the kindle 3.3 ? I have no kindle 3.3, but a kindle DX.
Duplicate postings are considered a "bad thing" here -
Triplicate postings?
What are your GPS coordinates? We have something we want to send you.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:22 AM   #610
csmint
csmint began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch, Kindle DXG, Kindle Paperwhite
Hi all,

Having zoomed through this mega thread a few times -- my kindle 3 keyboard is updated to 3.4. Is there a script to make the rootfs.img for this version? Unfortunately, I'd like to just use 3.2.1 (I am reading that there are no useful updates after that) but my K3 keyboard already updated to the max. Any suggestions?
csmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 04:07 AM   #611
Qxr
Enthusiast
Qxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it is

Device: lbook V3, iRex DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmint View Post
Hi all,

Having zoomed through this mega thread a few times -- my kindle 3 keyboard is updated to 3.4. Is there a script to make the rootfs.img for this version? Unfortunately, I'd like to just use 3.2.1 (I am reading that there are no useful updates after that) but my K3 keyboard already updated to the max. Any suggestions?
There is a downgrade solution for Kindle Paperwhite: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=13
Not sure if it will work for K3, but you can try.
Qxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #612
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmint View Post
Hi all,

Leave it alone.
There isn't anything lost by running 3.4 - other than surprise updates.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:06 AM   #613
uppon2
Connoisseur
uppon2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG & iRiver Story (Original)
Will updating/hacking the DX allow for greater PDF support? I heard the stock firmware is not fantastic for students using primarily PDF but the later Kindle software apparently works better?
uppon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 06:22 AM   #614
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
By a small degree only. It's still awful enough for reading PDFs that you stop doing that in short time.

I suggest k2pdfopt and/or kindlepdfviewer (KPV, predecessor of KoReader). That said - Koreader *should* work too, but I can't test. I'm not sure if Librerator works on a KDX, but that would also be a good option.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:29 AM   #615
uppon2
Connoisseur
uppon2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG & iRiver Story (Original)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
By a small degree only. It's still awful enough for reading PDFs that you stop doing that in short time.

I suggest k2pdfopt and/or kindlepdfviewer (KPV, predecessor of KoReader). That said - Koreader *should* work too, but I can't test. I'm not sure if Librerator works on a KDX, but that would also be a good option.
Thanks. I will check this out.
uppon2 is offline   Reply With Quote