Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-18-2015, 07:05 PM   #661
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
The problem is that I cannot add info for the user column from the filename at this step. What can I do to automatize this?
@hfpop:

The QuarantineAndScrub add-on has the ability to do exactly what you are asking for. See the User Guide near its end for examples and how to configure the table that controls relocating Title substrings to multiple custom columns.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 04-19-2015 at 02:33 PM. Reason: added quote of original question
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:42 AM   #662
AJvK
AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura (normal and HD)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
Do you have a Kindle ?
Did you ever want Calibre to show "Read Status" of your books in a column ?
Automagically ?
I just updated from a Kobo to a Kindle Voyage - I had a read status working on my old Kobo and tried your method for the Kindle. Sorry if it's been asked and answered - couldn't find it in the long long thread - but I can't get it working...

When I try to create the Template Function, I get an error:

Quote:
calibre, version 2.28.0
ERROR: Template functions: Exception while compiling function

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/preferences/template_functions.py", line 170, in create_button_clicked
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/formatter_functions.py", line 1534, in compile_user_function
File "<string>", line 5
def evaluate(self, formatter, kwargs, mi, locals, val, is_read_pct, is_reading_str, no_page_read_str): try: test_val = int(is_read_pct) except: return 'is_read_pct is not a number' import re mg = re.match('.*\s(\d+[-/]\d+[-/]\d+).*?Last Page Read: Location \d+ \((\d+)%\)', val, re.I + re.DOTALL); if mg is None: return no_page_read_str date = mg.group(1) pct = mg.group(2) try: f = int(pct) if f > test_val: return date elif f > 0: return is_reading_str + ': ' + pct + '%' except: pass return no_page_read_str
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
I can of course create the custom column, but all I get beneath it is

kindle_read_status: unknown function

Quick update: I fixed the syntax error. Dunno why, but it didn't work when I copied the code from the mobile site. When I tried it from the .com version, I could create the Template Function without error.
However, now when I connect my Kindle Voyage and fetch annotations, I get the following error message:

EXCEPTION: evaluate() takes exactly 10 arguments (9 given)

What is going wrong here? Any help is still greatly appreciated

Last edited by AJvK; 05-20-2015 at 01:22 PM. Reason: new information
AJvK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2015, 04:07 AM   #663
AJvK
AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.AJvK knows the square root of minus one.

see below, double post

Last edited by AJvK; 05-22-2015 at 04:11 AM. Reason: double post
Old 05-22-2015, 04:10 AM   #664
AJvK

I remade the templates and columns several times, and I finally got them working without throwing up error messages. However, the information in the column is stuck at "Not Read", no matter how much I've actually read, despite multiple attempts at fetching the annotations from the Kindle.
So my question remains: what am I doing wrong? AM I doing something wrong, or does this just doesn't work on a Voyage?
I've followed the instructions to the letter - the only thing off is this:
Kindle "Book status" is added to the Calibre book details, in the comments.
I don't see anything Kindle related in the books comments, before nor after fetching annotations, or anything else for that matter except what I put in myself (blurbs, mostly).

Edit:
I've tried a few things:
- fetching annotations does nothing, both for sideloaded books and for books bought from Amazon and delivered through Whispernet
- as I understand it (bear with me, I'm new to Kindle) the metadata is fetched from mbp files? I can see those files when I'm browsing the content-folder of the Kindle app on my Mac. But there are no mbp files on my Kindle device - this holds true for sideloaded books, and also for Whispernet, direct delivered books. What I do see on my Kindle Voyage is an azw3 file for the book, and a separate sdr folder per book, with several small files but no mbp. Might this be why it's not working? Did Amazon change something to the Voyage, or in the firmware?
- tried manually copying the mbp file from from the Kindle app folder to the Kindle itself (both in document folder, and the book specific sdr folder), with both the original name and renamed to the books name on the Kindle it and reading a few pages, but none of that works, the mbp files remains unchanged.
- tried manually adding an annotation to a book, but that doesn't show up in calibre, and all the mbp files remain unchanged

For completeness sake:
Kindle Voyage, FW 5.6.2.1

I don't know what else to try, so please

Last edited by AJvK; 05-22-2015 at 04:56 AM.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:36 AM   #665
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
AJvK, calibre's Fetch Annotations doesn't work for Kindles beyond K3(Keyboard Kindle), and not always for those either. Plus it only works for mobi files, not azw3/kf8.

You can fetch annotations from the Voyage with the Annotations plugin, but this uses My Clippings.txt, so you won't get last read locations since these are stored in the sidecar files (.mbp for mobi, .han for azw3)
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2015, 11:44 PM   #666
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Dear guys,

I tried but failed to come up with a template to achieve this:

Title - Author (no file extension, and unicode characters not converted to simple character).

For instance, I tried: {title} - {author}
Calibre created: Tieng Dat - Xuan Thieu.epub
I want: Tiếng Đất - Xuân Thiều

Please guide me through.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:23 AM   #667
AJvK

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia View Post
AJvK, calibre's Fetch Annotations doesn't work for Kindles beyond K3(Keyboard Kindle), and not always for those either. Plus it only works for mobi files, not azw3/kf8.
That's too bad... So is there any way for calibre to display read status from a recent (i.e. non-jailbreakable) Kindle Voyage?
Old 06-11-2015, 12:00 AM   #668
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
Dear guys,

I tried but failed to come up with a template to achieve this:

Title - Author (no file extension, and unicode characters not converted to simple character).

For instance, I tried: {title} - {author}
Calibre created: Tieng Dat - Xuan Thieu.epub
I want: Tiếng Đất - Xuân Thiều

Please guide me through.
Do you want a filename save template that doesn't append a file extension? You cannot do that -- the template applies to all formats and is automatically appended with the extension.
There is no good reason I can think of to exclude the extension. File extensions exist for a very good reason.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:48 AM   #669
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I have a question about a save template: I found chaley's {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}, which gives me the result closest to what I need. I would like to tweak it a little, so I don't get

Author - Series - # - Title words.ext

but

Author - Series # - Title words.ext

Which hyphen can I delete to get this? Whatever I try, I get a message about invalid conversion parameters.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #670
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Code:
{series}{series_index:0>2s| | - }{title}
See the documentation: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/temp...ced-formatting
Old 07-10-2015, 07:43 AM   #671
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Code:
{series}{series_index:0>2s| | - }{title}
See the documentation: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/temp...ced-formatting
Thank you - I managed to do what I wanted! I will probably have more questions after re-reading this - it's been a long time, and I wasn't very good at this then either.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:59 PM   #672
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need, that's what we are here for.

(Documentation is still good, because why wait for other peoples' help if you can figure out how to do it yourself right then and there? )
Old 07-11-2015, 02:40 AM   #673
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura H20,Kindle PW1
Kobo Aura H20 collection using a custom column

I have recently purchased a Kobo Aura H20 to replace my Kindle PW1 which my mother-in-law is now using, and I am trying to set it up similar to the way I had it set up on my Kindle PW1, with the help of every one here in previous posts.

Basically I created a custom column:

Code:
Lookup Name: kobocollections
Column Heading: Kobo Collections
Column Type: Column built from other columns,behaves like tags
Template: {author_sort}{series:| - |}
I duplicated this from a "kindle collection" column I had with the except of using the column type: Column built from other columns,behaves like tags

I then in the Plugins "Kobo Touch" I entered in the tag section:

Code:
kobocollections,
The Results in the Device Viewer in Calibre shows:
Landsem, Stephanie - The Living Water

Which is exactly what I want. Except once I transfer the books over to the Kobo and view collections what it creates is:

Code:
Landsem                                                      3 books
Stephanie - Living Water                                     3 books
and within it has my books perfectly formatted the way I had them set up on my Kindle using Metadata plugboard configuration

Code:
Fomat: epub
Device: any device
Source Template: {title}{series:| - |}{series_index:0>2s| [|]}
Destination field: title
So what I would like to know is why it is creating 2 collections with the name and series split up and how can I get it to just create 1 collection "Landsem, Stephanie - The Living Water"

Thanks
crissman
crissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 05:15 AM   #674
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crissman View Post
I have recently purchased a Kobo Aura H20 to replace my Kindle PW1 which my mother-in-law is now using, and I am trying to set it up similar to the way I had it set up on my Kindle PW1, with the help of every one here in previous posts.

Basically I created a custom column:

Code:
Lookup Name: kobocollections
Column Heading: Kobo Collections
Column Type: Column built from other columns,behaves like tags
Template: {author_sort}{series:| - |}
I duplicated this from a "kindle collection" column I had with the except of using the column type: Column built from other columns,behaves like tags
And that, behaves like tags, is your problem. By saying it behaves like tags, commas are used to separate the items. Jumping ahead, because "Landsem" and "Stephanie" are separated by a comma they are considered different items. It is only by luck that Landsem sorts before Stephanie.

Given that template, why did you choose "behaves like tags"?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 05:34 AM   #675
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
And that, behaves like tags, is your problem. By saying it behaves like tags, commas are used to separate the items. Jumping ahead, because "Landsem" and "Stephanie" are separated by a comma they are considered different items. It is only by luck that Landsem sorts before Stephanie.

Given that template, why did you choose "behaves like tags"?
Yes, that will be the problem. The KoboTouch driver creates collections based on the column type and the data in it. A tag-like column will get a collection for each tag-like value.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom column, tag, tags